Offering reduced rates to returning customers

Robyn216
Level 1
Moora, Australia

Offering reduced rates to returning customers

I was wondering if it is possible to offer return customers a reduced rate on their next booking. It would seem a great incentive to have them rebook? 

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Robyn216,

You can sent them a special offer.

Or sent them a message their price will be reduced after booking (by changing the confirmed reservation)

It is not possible to attach a discount  to a specific guest, it requires manual intervention, as mentioned.

Hope this helps,

Emiel

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hi @Robyn216. You can effectively do whatever you want with your pricing.

If you are wanting to offer a price reduction, you could send a general Airbnb message to each of your  best guests to let them know. But as @Emiel1 has stated, this must be done manually at the time of an enquiry or booking. So be very sure of your pricing.

If a guest already has a confirmed return booking, you could always send a special offer.....

Just remember to always take into account if you already offer any weekly or longer term discounts, as these would still apply and could affect your total payout.

On the other hand, I have done both these:

1. When I have had a past guest email me without a booking, I’ve just changed my daily rate for the days they wanted in the calendar. 

2. I’ve offered my 2017 or 2018 price they previously paid, during a shoulder season, not the higher, current peak season daily rate. With any preset discounts, they still are winning.

Hope this helps.....

🙂

Cathie