Our Airbnb is going to be in the Atlanta "Best Of" edition...

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

Our Airbnb is going to be in the Atlanta "Best Of" edition...

... next month! I am so excited! I still have no idea what category we won or are runner up in. No matter, it should be HUGE for our business and occupancy. They have 120k instagram followers and 500k twitter followers! I'm bracing for the occupancy explosion!

75521918_783570415389737_3335181601586806784_n.jpg

11 Replies 11
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Donald28 Congrats! You will have to come back and tell us how it worked out in terms of occupancy and rates

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is very exciting, congrats @Donald28. Your listing is pretty cool. 🙂 

It would be great to see what your listing looks like in print when it comes out, so please do share. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

They take about 1/2 of the monthly magazine to mention 127 different places, people and things they think are "best of" worthy. The stories are short and pics small. I'm hoping when they put this in their online magazine, they'll add more info and pics. 

They asked me at least 20 questions about the place, the games and airbnb. The "blurb" in the printed magazine mentions very little of that. 

I will probably not raise the rates unless booking inquiries start piling up. The magazine came out yesterday and the online magazine comes out the 4th of december so there's plenty of time for things to get busy! Sadly, they didn't mention the overnight rental... only the airbnb experience. Maybe the online version of the magazine will come out with more info including that. 

Image 1.jpg

Image 2.jpg

Image 3.jpg

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Donald28,

Well it is all very exciting, you must be very proud. 🙂 I imagine the online version will have more wiggle room to add more information, so you never know. I've moved your photos around so we can all have a good read.

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Donald28 Do you plan to increase your rates just before the showing?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Amazing! Congrats @Donald28!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Donald28  I am not surprised, your place is unique, congratulations! :)))))

and now increase your prices ! 😄 

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

My goal is for airbnb magazine to put us in a future issue! My life will be complete then. LOL 

Have higher aspirations than that @Donald28! I find that magazine so boring! and none of it actually relates to Airbnb. I'm sure your place will get big press one of these days.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Well done @Donald28 !!

Good on you for doing your bit for Atlanta.

All the Best

Central To All Home & Location

Auckland, NZ

Jennifer1421
Level 10
Peterborough, Canada

Congratulations, @Donald28 ! Great news!

Sidenote: - We have a friend here who restores games, and has a huge arcade in his basement. I've told him about your experience, and suggested he do a similar thing. It's fantastic to see these games making a resurgence. Oh the hours I wasted in the 80s in the arcade....