Our first Bad AirBnB Guest

Женя0
Level 1
Budapest, Hungary

Our first Bad AirBnB Guest

Dear Friends
I am experiencing quite unpleasant situation with a guest that I have been accommodating from the 25th of October (31th is a check out day)
From the very first day she has been angry with everything: she claimed that the whole apartment was dirty, that I didn't clean it after prevous guests, which is not true because I clean my apartments by myself every time.
However, I admit that a guy who I hired to meet the guests somehow decided to lean on the bed or sit I am not sure, I know he didn't sleep there.  But I know that the cover was absolutely clean and fresh before. After I learnt the guy did it, I fired him and changed the cover immidietely. This is just a bad coincident. 
For sure I am aimed to receive high reviews, and I am trying my best.
In a private conversation my guest was rude, however i stayed polite. Now I am afraid she will leave a bad review, but I have just started and I had only positive feedback.

1 Reply 1
Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Женя0 your reviews are all really nice - BUT your cleaning star is lower??? So what happened? This is before the guest you are talking about today -

so I wouldn't worry about her - just be nice, you did what you could - don't be hostage to the reviews and fear of that. People are gonna be all sizes, shapes and personalities. Angry would be the worse. She could be one of those aiming to milk the system for a refund. I would send messaging through the Airbnb app about any conversations....and if she is angry, I would say, sounds like you are angry and I am sorry, etc. quoting what she actually says, if it is ugly stuff, "quote" it so Airbnb sees she is not a nice guests.. Just keep a trail of anything that is said between you two. Remember if she is awful you can report her, give her very low stars and move on to the next wonderful guests!!!

just note that the cleaning star is probably the most important! All places must be clean. Maybe try to figure out what you can do to make sure that everything is sparkling clean. happy hosting