Outdoor spaces for guest use-- ideas?

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

Outdoor spaces for guest use-- ideas?

We have had feedback from our guests that they really like spending time outside at our place, so we have been trying to increase the amount of guest "conversation areas" we have. Our lot is partially wooded and shaped like a long, skinny triangle with the cottage towards the back. We have a little patio with chairs, a picnic table, string lights and a fire pit on one side and a front porch with rockers and a table and benches for your morning coffee and toast. 

We recently built a 12x16 deck (complete with cute cottage style posts!) behind the house that cantilevers out over a steep wooded drop over a creek. I am trying to come up with the best way to decorate it for guests. My thoughts were to get an outdoor heater for year round use, a little cabinet for bird watching and sky gazing books,  binoculars, etc.  and make it kind of a wildlife observation/lounging area. But we have neighbors who might get freaked out by strangers sitting around with binoculars outside as my husband reminded me.  What would you use this space for? What sort of creative ideas do you have?

We have a suggestion box for guests and one said "put in an outdoor daybed and make it the love zone..." We aren't considering that one 🙂

0 Replies 0