Payment errors on the Airbnb system

Barbara-and-Mike0
Level 4
United Kingdom

Payment errors on the Airbnb system

In November 2018 I received an email from Airbnb stating that two bookings had been overpaid to us in error and no action was required as they had resolved the issue. When I investigated the bookings and we had actually been underpaid , but as the amounts were small, and Airbnb indicated that the problem was fixed, we didn’t raise it with them at the time.

After the Christmas and New year rush quietened down, I decided to take a closer look at the financials shown on the system, and through random selection of future bookings have found a number of errors in the Airbnb gross amounts shown by the system on confirmed bookings eg £135×7nights = £945 Yet Airbnb is calculating £942.35. This seems to be a particular issue when guests are changing the date or duration of stays, although I have also examples of where basic maths is wrong on straight forward bookings eg 3nights at £127 is shown as £380 yet it should be £381. All the individual examples are small, but accumulatively could be very substantial if this is a wide spread problem across hosts. I have raised this with Airbnb support and am waiting for a response, but wanted to make other hosts aware in case you are experiencing the same issues.

0 Replies 0