Payment not sent

Kit4
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Payment not sent

Hello my latest guests payment did not go through as usual, I am worried Airbnb has not taken the payment, @Lizzie could you take a look at it for me? I need to make get the money from them before they leave, should I set up a new booking?
6 Replies 6
C-C0
Level 10
Memphis, TN

Dear, Lizzie doesn't handle stuff like that. You need to call customer service. Search the forum for the numbers. We fellow hosts don't deal with payments gone wrong. And whatever you do, don't set up a new booking!
Kit4
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Apologies I thought Lizzie worked for Airbnb, she had a job title and was handing out information, I cannot find their number or anything, very hard to get in touch with them.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

If it was a confirmed booking then your guests have paid and they certainly won't pay a second time. If you mean that AirBnB releasing the payment to you has been delayed or is taking longer than usual, then that is between you and AirBnB and nothing to do with your guests. Don't risk a bad review by hasseling guests who have already paid.

Thankyou, do you mean the money is taken out as soon as the booking is confirmed?

Gerry how do you normally speak to Airbnb when you have not been paid? has this ever happened to you? the money is not on my monthly totals so it doesn't appear Airbnb have it logged...

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Kit4,

Thanks for mentioning me in your post. I was away last week so sorry for not replying until now.

As @C-C0 mentioned, I'm not part of the Support Team, but to provide you with a little more details I do work on behalf of Airbnb and manage the EN CC here. Sorry to hear that you haven't received your payment yet, it can sometime take a few extra days than planned depending on if there is a public holiday etc. How long has it been now? It should appear in your Transaction History with your status of your payments (here is a Help Center article which may also help). 

I would recommend contacting the Support Team directly if you still haven't received it, take a look at this Community Contact Guide (created by a host here in the CC), on the different ways to do this. 🙂

Speak to you soon.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Kit4
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi Lizzie thanks for getting back, sorry for the confusion! One of the steps was to contact Airbnb on the forums here so I assumed you we're forum support. 

Emailed support four days ago heard absolutely nothing

I just called they are having problems fixing the money issue and it has been escalated, it's really annoying that I can't just open a support ticket like other places, I felt as if no one wanted to take me seriously, even the other forum comments we're instead of useful, quick to criticise.

If you are employed by Airbnb as you suggest, could we not encourage a better support system that will save Airbnb money by moving to a ticketed system? There are websites now that have sprung up due to annoyed customers/hosts needing to contact Airbnb that teach you where to find an elusive phone number, surely these are not solutions that you want to see perpetuate?