Pending Reservation

Katie55
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Pending Reservation

I have a pending guest who I am waiting on the answer a few questions. I have not accepted his request however when others search in my calander it shows those dates as not availible. HELP!

2 Replies 2

Is it a request or a  reservation.

A request does not block dates - at least  it never has for me.

If it's a reservation the days will be blocked until you accept or decline. You have 24 hours to do that.

John212
Level 3
San Francisco, CA

Hey. I have had a similiar situation. I have asked a few questions, that I want answered before accepting the reservation.  Our response time is very important, as it sets a precedent, for how we are rated as a host.  If a potential guest, has not answered me within 30 minutes, I typically send a very nice message, saying that because I have to accept or decline, as soon as possible,..I am declining their request at this time, until they send back my response . At that time, they can resubmit a request and I can accept it. It keeps everything friendly, and explains to them why you are declining....simply to protect your response time.  It has worked out very well for me, and everyone has resubmitted their request, and made a booking.  Hope this helps...John