Personal items and clothes all over the couch

Cecilia155
Level 5
Boston, MA

Personal items and clothes all over the couch

Wanted to know how people handle check in times.

I currently have a guest staying with me and my check-in time is 5pm.  During the conversations we had via messenger I advised that on the day that she is arriving I need for her to be at my place by 5-5.30pm as I have an appointment I had to get to.  She stated she will make it there as she is only walking around doing some sight seeing.  She texts me at 5pm and advises she's still in the city and won't be able to make it on time and will get to my place at 6.30pm (the exact time of my appointment).   I've had this happen a couple of times now.   How can we make sure that the guest check-in at specified times.

Also, after leaving her in my home to get to my appointment (late).  I arrive home to find she has opened up her suitcases and spread her clothes/lingerie/make-up bag etc all over my brand new couch.  I asked her to move it to her room upstairs - her response.  I'm only here for one night I don't want to bring it upstairs to the room.  I'll just leave it there.  I asked her again and she still left it downstairs.

Why do people continue to do what they want, even after repeated requests have been made?

Thanks to everyone in advance for your responses

1 Reply 1
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Cecilia155 Don't deal with her too harshly because it will turn into hostility on her side. If it's one night, take it with a smile, but make sure you reflect her performance in low rating and in your review for her. That's the best you can do imho.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"