Point of Difference

Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

Point of Difference

Hi people, I thought it might be nice to begin a thread on sharing positive aspects of our Hosting. In business and marketing I have often heard the expression "point of difference". I understand this to mean "What is the point of difference between your product and that of your competitors? or other businesses or products operating/available in the same market place.?" 

For me a great thing about Airbnb is the variety of venues and hosts, and the fact that we can each control the way we do things. Consider the environment and sustainability/recycling for example, I am passionate about those things.

In the hospitality industry I see a lot of excess waste and pollution. A lot of "stuff" gets thrown to landfill because people think their time is too important, or it costs too much to pay staff to take the time to recycle.

So my point of difference when managing my Airbnb, is to minimise waste and maximise recycling at my home and listings... This point of difference means a lot to me and I do whatever I can to encourage my guests to participate responsibly.

What point of difference makes you proud? or gives you satisfaction? How do you differentiate your accommodation service from alternatives nearby you? 

Regards, Christine. 

0 Replies 0