Posting different rooms from different accounts in same address

Posting different rooms from different accounts in same address

Hi everyone,

I'm writing to see if I'm doing something wrong because this makes no sense.

I've been a user of Airbnb for a while already as a guest with another email. As a guest, everything went well. However, when I tried to also be a host, suddenly as soon as I posted my room, my account got blocked without any single explanation. Just blocked although I've provided absolutely every single way of confirming my identity, which was already verified by the time you blocked my account. Shortly after I said well, this must have been a mistake so I just created a new profile with another email, provided my ID's and the account got verified, posted my room and guess what. Not after 24hs, my account is blocked again without any explanation. So now I got two accounts blocked and this is my last email and last attempt to put my beautiful room in Amsterdam in the platform.

The only reason I believe this could be happening, is that my roomate also rents his room on Airbnb. He has never provided any ID but uses it without any issue. Could it be that the system detects that we are in the same address, from two different accounts and therefore blocks mine? Does this somehow goes against Airbnb guidelines? Because I've seen it's totally normal to post more than one room on the same address but never read anything regarding doing it from different accounts.  

Could someone shed some light for me here? I'm very disappointed that I cannot currently rent mine with the high demand Amsterdam in this season is having.

Looking forward to hearing!

4 Replies 4
Mike1034
Level 10
Mountain View, CA

@Matías22 I see that your profile has only an email. You mentioned that you uploaded your ID. I don’t see it appears in your profile.

if you need to find the real cause of your listing not appearing, you need to contact Airbnb support. This is community forum. It is only used by hosts and guests. No Airbnb company support exists here.

Hi Mike. That's correct, this one has only an email on purpose. My two previous emails (mwoonky@gmail.com and mati.bja@gmail.com) were verified by all means. I'm not verifying this one until I am sure it will not be blocked because of using the same ID's as the previous ones. 

As you said, what I should do is contact Airbnb support, which I already did and they said it could be that as my roomate is also using this address, the system flags it as fraud, but they even said they are not sure if this is the case. So if they don't know, who will then?

My question for the community was in regards to if someone has ever read that it goes against Aibnb guidelines that two different hosts use the same address for different rooms in the same apartment.

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Matías22 It's not against the rules, but it's not a person looking at this: it's just their algorithm deleting the listing because it sees it as a duplicate account. I would just keep pressing with Airbnb support, because if the algorithm decides to also cancel your roommate's listing, I'm guessing he won't be pleased. I would advise trying them on Twitter, as they seem to be more helpful there: @airbnbhelp.

I would be even happy if it's just the listing being deleted but no, they block my account entirely. Thanks for the twitter idea, haven't tried it yet so will do it now!