Pre-booking message

Pre-booking message

On a daily basis I receive annoying emails from Airbnb. Today was no different. This is what I received today (including the typos)

" We noticed that you currently use pre-booking questions,a feature that we‘ll (sic) soon be retiring.

Since we know the first conversation between you andeach (sic) of your guests is important, you’ll still be able to ask gueststhe (sic) same questions in your pre-booking message.

Update pre-booking message

We appreciate your understanding as we work to improvethe (sic) Airbnb experience for everyone.

Thanks for being a host,

The Airbnb Team "

The "Update pre-booking message" is a link that leads to my listing. However is does not link to my so-called "pre-booking message" if I even have such a message anywhere on my listing.

Since I created this listing a long time ago I do not remember if I created such a message and/or where on the listing I might be able to find it so I can edit it.

And even if I do have it, and can find it, what good would editing do, since the whole point of the email seems to be this is "a feature that we‘ll (sic) soon be retiring."

Does anybody here have a clue what to do about this, because surely it seems that the bright minds at Airbnb don't.

9 Replies 9

I Had the same and find it very annoying as well as there where a lot of spelling errors and it makes you wonder if the email was legit.And still why do they want to retire this? 

An-Maré0
Level 6
Cape Town, South Africa

Received one too. Mine had a link to click on. The link took me no where, but wasted time to figure out what they want me to do! In the end decided to ignore the msg.

@Lizzie @Quincy0 @Admin0 - here is another thread about this.... is it being retired or not?  I received the same email yesterday.  

Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

Hi @An-Maré0', @Alice-and-Jeff0@André-and-Pauline0,

There's already been a few posts about this.

I can tell you where to find your pre booking questions ( and pre booking message if you wrote one)

HOWEVER when I went in to edit, none of my changes were saving.  There has been repeated glitches in this section -currenlty my message is repeating itself - asking the same four questions twice over, making me look a bit of a numpty.  Still better than previously - it disappeared entirely.  I guess they will fix it eventually,   

Also be aware that the pre booking message has a very small character limit - it's very hard to ask anything very meaningful without using telegrrammatic language.

For what it's worth, here's how to get in to edit...

Go to your listing and select edit

Select booking settings

Select  edit  on Guest requirements

SCroll down and it's in a section on Guest trip information

Hope this helps.

Cheers

An-Maré0
Level 6
Cape Town, South Africa

Thank you so much

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Abrasha-and-Maria0  @Rowena29  @An-Maré0  @André-and-Pauline0 

For those not aware I just posted a thread called 'Back to Basics' and in that thread I describe where you will find your 'Pre-booking' message.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Back-to-Basics/m-p/988528#M246934

Cheers......Rob

I found where my "pre-booking questions" are.

My point is, what are the bright minds at Airbnb headquarters (down the street from my house) thinking?

What is the point of "editing the pre-booking questions", if this is a "feature that we‘ll (sic) soon be retiring."

I have written to Airbnb about this, and unsurprisingly have received no response.

Melanie320
Level 1
Victoria, AU

So I was just wondering whether anyone can update me on this? I had no idea this was now gone. I have just received my first booking request in 4 months as I had dates blocked off for renovations and the guest has not written anything about the reason for their stay, I wanted to request this from him and when I went looking for ,my 'pre-booking message' the area is showing up under Guest Requirements but the box is EMPTY! AND it is actually inviting me to ADD one. WTH?? I have no idea what I wrote back when I started the ;listing. Is there any way to find it or will I have to start again? TIA 🙂