Preferred Properties in search?

Thomas972
Level 2
Asheville, NC

Preferred Properties in search?

I am wondering why some properties in my area are always first and second in any local searches I do when researching my area. The same ones popped up in the top spots so often I was wondering if there was a paid way to get those top slots. There are literally hundreds of bnb's around here and I am wondering why the same ones seem to get preference. Thoughts? 

5 Replies 5
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

if you look better you will find a pattern: Instant booking, lower price (depending of the size) , 1 day min. stay, Superhost...

New listings get a boost the first month too . Regulary updated listing will also have better search rank then the one who wasn't updated for months.

Thanks, yes I am aware of these general things that bump listings up in the views. What I am noticing seems to go beyond this however.  They are not new bookings and many other ones share the same credentials. Just wondering why these consistently show up in the number 1 and 2 spots. Like I said, it is almost like a paid placement. 

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

In a lot of regions - particularly over-saturated ones - a great many of the highest-ranking listings will be from professional operators and commercial entities. This is not always immediately apparent, as on first glance, it may appear that the listings are run by a small traditional host, but Airbnb permits the big players to break down their massive inventories between several individual (but linked) "host" profiles. 

With account activity being one of the determining factors in search ranking, a profile with 100 listings will obviously log at least 100 times more activity than a profile with just a single listing, thereby giving the commercials yet another huge advantage over the traditionals. 

Ok, it is starting to make sense. I knew there had to be a "hack. " It was just beyond just chance. We have a lot of bnb's  here in Asheville NC and the numbers of both bnb and new hotel rooms is exploding. 

Ok, it is starting to make sense. I knew there had to be a "hack. " It was just beyond just chance. We have a lot of bnb's  here in Asheville NC and the numbers of both bnb and new hotel rooms is exploding.