Professionalism

Liz140
Level 4
Danville, IN

Professionalism

I'm unhappy with the way Airbnb communicates (or lack thereof) with hosts. I don't want to have to follow the bulliten boards to find out what's happening.  (I have a life) And I don't want  to find out after something becomes policy. Whatever happened to the courtesy of a letter sent out 30 days in advance to clients to inform them of changes and perhaps to solicit feedback? Not only is this, in line with contract law in most places, it's professional.

It's hard to believe that a company this big, does not have people at the helm who can do better.

6 Replies 6

@Liz140

I agree that I never get any emails telling me the new newsletter is available or of changes to host policies.However,having said that, I do find the newsletters in here helpful and point you in the right direction towards finding out what is new and upcoming. There is always a tag to find questions people are asking on a topic and options to give your views. ..but ..yes..an email to direct you in here or of the new newsletter would prompt me to come and take a look more regularly than I do.

The Mod here does her best but seems form what people have posted often even ABB Employees learn about changes the hard way.

I do not know why, must be a Corporate call as to why they do not.

David

Ummmmmm, there's a newsletter? 

This is exactly what I mean.........

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Liz140 and @Mike340,

Just to let you know you can opt in to receive the Host Newsletters via email. It is a copy of the Host Newsletter that I post here in the Community Center, but obviously you will receive it to your personal email box instead. 

The way to activate this is in your Airbnb account > Account Settings > Promotions and tips. Then click 'Email'. 

If you have already this ticked, perhaps just have a look in your email's spam filter to see if it has gone into there. 

Otherwise, I update the Newsletter board with each month's edition, so feel free to take a look there. 

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie

Lizzie..thanks for the information about how to sign up for the Newletter via email ... great !

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

Hi @Lizzie I opted in and still do not get the Newsletter by email. In fact, I still get no emails from Airbnb about anything unless related to my bookings, and I do have my notification settings correct (I have also already called ABB about this). Only once did I receive an email telling me I made Super Host again and this is my 4th time. So this is very concerning to me and there seems to be no fix for it and I may not be the only host experiencing this lack of communication.

Also, it would be helpful if when members first join ABB, especially when hosts first list, if we were told how important the Community Center and Newsletter are if you want to stay updated. I only came to the CC out of idle curiosity one day to see what all goes on here and eventually found my way to the Newsletter.