Put a claim before guest add a review

Sandy29
Level 2
Madrid, Spain

Put a claim before guest add a review

I had a strange story, I had a guest who was very messy and I did a claim because he broke something. 

However, if the person hasn't put a review of your apartment, if they see that you ask for a claim, they will put a bad review.

my guest put a 2 stars review, this is the only 2 stars I have, all are 4 stars and 5 stars. I am just getting a 2 stars because I did a claim.

There is a problem in the system.

1 Reply 1
Julie143
Level 10
Princeton, NJ

Yes, it’s a big flaw. I’ve decided not make claims for minor damages, but instead give the guests the bad review they deserve. (Assuming the damages were theft, vandalism or negligence and there was no attempt to make things right.)

I’m still fairly new, so a retaliatory 1* review from a guest who was upset about the damage claim would be a bigger problem for me than missing towels or crayon marks on my walls.

One exception would, be if the guest wrote a review right after checking out. Then putting in a claim would be less risky, since it would happen after the guest review was already locked in.

As I get more reviews I’ll be in a better position to absorb low star ratings. Then I’ll become more active with claiming.