Quest sleept in not rented room without permission

Igor34
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Quest sleept in not rented room without permission

Hi All

Ive ben renting for few months now. Ups and downs I say. but this is one is over the top. I got a weekend booking for two people  in double bedroom. I have a two floor apartment where I rent the rooms upstairs. Two rooms were empty one double booked. Next day I realised that someone slept in one of the free rooms. So freaky! 

3 Replies 3
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Igor34

A bit late now, but contact them thru the ABB messaging system saying they used an extra room and that you will have to charge them for it. Make a change to the booking and ask them accept or that you will have to clear the extra room. Of course the guest has 24h to officially accept, however having communicated like this makes it official and on record in case you need to contact ABB later.

Do you check visitors in personally? It's advisable to be clear then about what they booked and what not.

Also with your hostel-type accommodations you should have locks on the doors, both for protection of guests' belongings as well as to prevent such room expansions, since it's an issue waiting to happen as you've now seen.

Igor34
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi Andrea

Thanks for the advice about the lock I need to consider it! I do greet them personaly and show the room. They still left bag to pick up later I might conftont them about the room. 

You might want to use the programmable combo keypad locks on the bedroom doors. No key to return and or lose!