Rate quote for a current reservation request is incorrect.

Sarah140
Level 1
Orlando, FL

Rate quote for a current reservation request is incorrect.

My rates are set at $205 a night with 3% discount for weekly rentals and 0% for monthly rentals (because I don't really want monthly rentals). For a 4 week stay at $205 a night, it SHOULD be $5740 + fees.

For some reason, the quote generated for a 4 weeks stay is $3772 - $135 a night. How is that possible? I wondered if perhaps it was generating the 3% weekly discount, but even with that it would still be $5567.

Where on earth is Airbnb getting $135 a night from? I don't have any rates set that low, so I just can't work out what I have done wrong for the quote to be so low.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sarah

8 Replies 8
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Sarah140 You have 4 listings. When posting questions in these host-to-host forums it would help if you mentioned which one you're talking about. As it is, most of the other hosts helping people out here don't have the time or the inclination to figure out which one.

So... which one?

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Sarah140 And none of your listings currently indicate $205 per night. I see $180 or so for a couple. Maybe you need to go check and update your listings.

So sorry, what an idiot I am! The listing is: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7433571?

I am obviously doing something wrong - when I view my dashboard, click pricing, then click View Pricing Settings, it takes me to my calendar with prices set for each day. From that calendar, it shows me from June 25th to July 27th  is set at $205 for every day. I just can't see where this $135 quoted is coming from?

Any pointers as to where I've gone wrong would be appreciated.

Thanks.

First, the total for 4 weeks wouldn't be $5740. Because of the 3% weekly discount (applied to each week), it would be $5568.

BUT! There *is* something going wrong that you should contact AirBnB about. If I tried any duration up to 27 days, they got the total right. But 28 days or more and the total dropped hugely. A couple of other hosts reported similar behavior recently. Get in touch with AirBnB. Here's a guide (not written by me) about ways to do that:   Contact Airbnb

@Sarah140 See my above comment first. I just wanted to add that I played around with my own listing and can't duplicate the behavior you're seeing. I even temporarily set my monthly discount to 0 (as yours is) but left my weekly discount. No effect. I then thought that maybe it had something to do with the longer booking starting in one month and ending in another. Still didn't happen with my listing. So the problem isn't some site-wide bug; it's happening only to relatively few listings.

Good luck!

In the meantime, if you've got an outstanding offer that you need to deal with, I suggest explaining the glitch to them, telling them what the real full price should be, and seeing if they would cancel (don't YOU cancel!) and let you make them a Special Offer for the proper price. If you do that, don't forget to include your cleaning fee (AirBnB doesn't automatically add it to Special Offers) and don't forget to mention to the guest that the amount you're talking about in advance of the offer doesn't include AirBnB's guest service fee. That fee will be around 12% on top of the total, and will be added by AirBnB.

Thanks very much for looking into this, I'll contact Airbnb.

I have explained to the guest who questioned why my quote was a few thousand higher than what airbnb displayed and she was ok about it.

Thanks again for your help.

@Sarah140 Good luck!

Celia-And-KJ0
Level 2
United States

I know this is an old post but this Just happened to me too with a guest that wants to stay 31 days. I have a 10% discount for weekly stays and a 28% discount for monthly stays. My minimum rate right now is $250. I don't have any promotion (that I am aware of) going on. My potential guest was quoted at $65/night, which I feel is a bit steep. It barely covers my costs for the month.