Remote Hosting Linen

Denise80
Level 9
Hamilton, New Zealand

Remote Hosting Linen

Hi,

We host our holiday home which is roughly 2 hours from home. We have a great cleaning lady, and then we come down 6 weekly or so to do a deep clean-behind the fridge/ top of the cupboards, that sort of thing. 

I just have a question about linen for other remote hosts, especially kiwi hosts if anyone is out there? Our cleaning lady is great, but doesn't iron and so the sheets and pillowcases look terrible even though I know the linen is clean. 

Our options seem to be to change to commercial linen. We have some sheets from a commercial supplier here in NZ which don't seem to crinkle as much. I could buy a heap of pillowcases and take them home to iron and send them back. Or, does anyone hire the linen for their Airbnbs, and if so, who would you recommend please? 

TIA for any help/ideas. 

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Denise80  Is there maybe someone else in the neighborhood of your listing who might want a small job coming in to iron? They could do that while the cleaner is there, after she has stripped the beds and has clean linen ready. Something I learned on this forum is that it's way easier and faster to iron the sheets on the bed than on an ironing board. I put the fitted sheet on, iron that, spread the top sheet out, folded in quarters and iron it, flipping it over and then folding it the other way and ironing, then spread it out, iron any creases, fold it over the blanket or comforter and iron the top fold again. The pillow cases could also be ironed that way. 

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Denise80 @Sarah977 I second the ironing on the bed method with a cordless iron.