Remote entry lock recommendations

Joi0
Level 3
Blacksburg, VA

Remote entry lock recommendations

I currently use a lock box with key for my guests. I'd prefer to have a keypad buit into the lock, with option to change the code for each guest. I don't want anything realy hi-tech and prefer to have something that can work without wifi. Is there such a thing?

11 Replies 11
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Yes, we use Lockstate's ResortLock. It's the only one we could find. (And it has a nice integration with Airbnb to auto-send codes to guests on booking.)

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

I didn't want to shell out a bunch of money at the beginning, so I bought a Schlage keypad ($150) to replace my existing deadbolt that was super easy to install. You can change the codes without wifi via the lock itself but I also bought a Wink hub ($30 on Amazon) which makes the lock even better. So for under $200 I think the system is awesome!

With the Wink app, I can lock/unlock the door remotely, I can use the app to track entry/exits, and easily change multiple keypad codes.

Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Joi0: We use a Schlage keypad lock we got from Lowes. We have had it for over 3 years and not a single issue. No wifi and still has a key in case the batteries in the lock go dead. We change the code for each guest to the last four digits of thier phone number.

So how does it work? how does it receive the code? thanks so much!!

which one do you have? that sounds perfect.

@Joi0

Keypad Lever with Plymouth trim and Elan Lever with Flex Lock: FE595 PLY 626 ELA

https://www.schlage.com/en/home/products/FE595PLYFFFELA.html

I manually enter the code for each guest. When they leave I delete the code. No keys that someone can make a copy of, no late night "I lost my key" messages. Its been perfect.

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

We too use Schlage and have had succes with it. 

which one? looks like there are several. thank you!

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

Any of the Schlage keyless deadbolt models should work the same: https://www.schlage.com/en/home/keyless-deadbolt-locks/connect.html

The one I bought was actually an older model so it was a little cheaper than the newest models, but they all have the same functions. I think the newer models might offer an "alarm" or something, but the keypad and code functions are the same.

Mikki0
Level 10
Long Beach, CA

I have the Schlage Sense, which can be remotely controlled over wifi. I can set up to 30 codes (I use guest's last 4 digits of their phone number) and i can unlock or lock the door remotely, if the guest can't figure out the instructions. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great topic @Joi0. I've stayed in a couple of listings that had lock boxes with a key inside, which worked well for me. Is this something you would be interested in as well or would you prefer a code lock?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.