Request for Flexible Dates

Clay29
Level 3
Houston, TX

Request for Flexible Dates

Hi all. I am a newbie so please bear with me. One of my first requests is for flexible check in dates. A guest is expecting a grandbaby and would like block 15 days but stay only 7. As this is a new rental not booked, I am okay with that but I am not sure what the best way to handle this would be. 

I have a moderate cancellation policy with  a 10% weekly stay discount but there's also a 20% discount recommended by Airbnb because it's new. Is the best way to create a special offer and reduce the room.

I considered a special offer with the room rate reduced across the entire period but then I realized that would technically entitle them to stay for the entire period, not just the 7 days. What is the best way to proceed? 

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Clay29,

A confirmed reservation can be extended or shortened (change option). You or the guest  could make use of that feature. But the guest has to make a decision, book 7 days or 15 days. And the guest has to take the risk if booking 7 days, extension is not possible because another person booked.

Best regards,

Emiel

Clay29
Level 3
Houston, TX

Thank you Emiel for the quick response. 

So to understand, a guest with a confirmed reservation can request both a later arrival date and an earlier checkout date and so long as I agree, they will be refunded those days, regardless of the cancellation policy?

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Clay29,

The cancellation policy will apply based on the new dates.

But the change option is rather flexibel, even the price can be adjusted. I would suggest to read the HELP articles:

- https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/50/i-m-a-host--how-do-i-make-a-change-to-a-confirmed-reservation

- https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/913/can-i-change-a-reservation-as-a-guest

best regards,

Emiel

Clay29
Level 3
Houston, TX

Emiel, thank you so much for your help. You've given me great information.

Regards,

Clay.