Reservation Policy, and flexibility.

David3265
Level 2
Kalbarri, Australia

Reservation Policy, and flexibility.

Is it possible to set the reservation policy to Strict, (so they cannot cancel for no reason) for only some days of the year? 

Exactly how a hotel would do it; for example? 

Or a cancellation fee, of a certain % of the rooms price. (25% of room price within 5 days, 100% within 48hrs) 

1 Reply 1
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@David3265

No David whatever cancellation policy you set is applicable for all dates from that point. You can't set up multiple cancellation policies!

Dave, we are in the 'hospitality' industry mate! I try not to be too hard on guests where reservations are concerned. I understand things are a bit different for you than they are for me because of the isolation of your listing. If a guest wishes to cancel....and I had one today for a stay tonight, she was to arrive within a couple of hours........I just got onto support and instructed them to fully refund her, she wasn't entitled to it but I felt it was fair.

It is the same as not having a booking for that date, they didn't use anything or disturb anything, I feel uncomfortable keeping money for something I did not supply!

Like I said, different strokes for different folks but for the good of your future hosting I would not get too precious where refunding guests is concerned!

Sometimes Dave we just have to suck it up and get on with the business of making money, stirring people up and getting a poor review is just not worth it!

Cheers.....Rob