Response time, automatic

Elaine15
Level 1
Walled Lake, MI

Response time, automatic

What if you need more than 24 hrs to respond to a request? I travel a lot and don't always check my emails every hour on the hour or everyt day (within 24 hrs!)  :-0

6 Replies 6

@Elaine15,

You can install the Airbnb app on your phone so that you can get the notifications whenever there's a request and can respond directly using your phone in case you have network while travelling.

Alternatively there's nothing that can be done.

Jeet

Pat22
Level 2
Lakefield, Canada

Agree, Elaine.  

It would be hugely beneficial if a host's reply to an inquiry counted as a response, no?  Most initial inquiries do not share sufficient information, i.e - are additional guests expected to drop by or stay over? # of cars in party...  A host can ask these questions but if the guest does not respond in a timely manner, it's the host's response rate that suffers.  Ditto re pre-approval response.

Def not interested in the automatic booking option as I choose to vet all who stay.

@Pat22 Replies to inquires do count as a response and they stop the clock.

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

If you find it acceptable to not provide timely service to travelers then maybe Airbnb is not right for you. This has an impact on all hosts if Airbnb has a reputation for unresponsivness. Please be considerate of our community of guests and hosts and either fund a way to provide prompt service or find a service better suited for your needs. Nobody wins if guests are driven off the platform by bad experiences.

@ Ed & Hugh  - Unresponsive? Bad experience? Drives peeps away from the platform?  Go elsewhere!?  My goodness, rather presumptive, dismissive and a tad snide to boot.  Where is that kinder gentler nature apparently reserved for guests? Please be considerate of your fellow hosts when posting on a community forum intended as an exchange of insights and helpful information. Maybe this Q&A discussion site is not right for you.

Or you could just snooze your listing until you can get to a computer.