Returning guests

Gregory87
Level 10
Minneapolis, MN

Returning guests

I've only been a host for about 10 months.  I am now starting to get guests who are returning for a second visit.

Do you do anythinng spcial for them to show your appreciation?

• Change up your snacks or put out something special

• Offer a discount

• Provide other perks

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

10 Replies 10
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Provided you want these guests to return (:D), I think the more personal the better.  So if you remembered they like chocolate, perhaps a locally made chocolate left on their bed would be nice.  Or, if you think a 10% discount would be appreciated, you can make the refund after they arrive.

Why do you think you are getting returning guests?  My location does not  lend itself to that necessarily but I have heard that sometime business travelers are good to cultivate for return.

@Linda108 I appreciate your suggestions.

One of the returning guests is enrolled in a online degree program at a local university and is required to be present on campus each semester for a week as stipulated by the department.  The other guests are coming up for a holiday (and their adult child lives in the area).

Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Gregory87We have had numerous return guests (currently have some staying right now - 3rd stay) and everyone is different. Some we give a $25 gift card to a new resturant if we know they are foodies. Others are craft brew people so we leave new / seasonal beers from local breweries. We have left tickets to local museums and even passes to go on kayaking tours. Once you know your return guests a little better it will be easy to surprise them with something that makes their trip 5 stars from the moment they get there. 

These are some good, creative ideas @Barry-and-Lera0.  I'm going to think about what might be appropriate around here for the guests.

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

I tell all first time guests who mention they'd like to come back to use the 'Contact Host' feature to tell me they are returning and the dates they want but NOT to book - This way I can send them a 'Special Offer' for a discounted stay. This goes over very well, and adds to their sense of wanting to book with me again.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Gregory87  I get return guests that book off the booking sites direct with us after the first stay. I do not recommend this for anyone without commercial insurance in place though. We make notes also if they eat this or that, Left the red wine, but drank the white. Preferred the Nespresso machine over the coffee beans. Lots of the little things and we make sure to add their personal preferences. It works for us and the guests.

Gregory87
Level 10
Minneapolis, MN

Thanks everyone (@Letti0@Rebecca181@Barry-and-Lera0@Linda108 ) for your thoughts and suggestions!  Our first returning guest is here this weekend.  We already gave a discount for the stay.  Also received and stored the groceries that were ordered by the guest in anticipation of their arrival yesterday.

Additionally, we left a balloon bouquet and gift bag on the table to express our appreciation.  The guest sent a text this morning sharing their gratitude for what we've done.

welcome back pic.jpg

May I ask what percentage off the stay you offered?

It has been a while @Amy666 since this post, so I don't remember the specifics, but the guest received the automatic discount for long-term stays and then the final amount was tweaked a bit (no more than 5% on top).

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Gregory87  That was a really nice and creative gesture. I might steal the idea 🙂