Review Process

Melanie423
Level 2
Looe, United Kingdom

Review Process

Hi all,

I have written a review for a guest, and according to the guest, he has written one for me - however, these aren't visible to either the guest or myself.  Could someone tell me how I can find out what's happened, and/or how to contact Airbnb?

Many thanks, Mel

8 Replies 8
Marta794
Level 6
Portland, OR

My understanding is it takes awhile for the system to process and flow through. Did you just now recently write the review or has it been a few hours or a day or two?  If you're looking at your listing you can try refreshing it and see if that changes. 

Thanks Marta876.  The guest left over a week ago so, from my experience with previous reviews, it should have been available.  Will try a refresh, and to contact Airbnb after the 14 day period has elapsed.  Thanks for your response.  Mel

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Melanie423 

If the guest had written a review, you would have been informed.. Now wait for the experation time (14 days). to see what happens. Contacting Airbnb : Airbnb Help: contact 

Yes, that's what has happened with all other guests in the past.  Yes, will wait the 14 day period to expire and then contact Airbnb.  Thank you, Emiel1. Mel

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Melanie423 you should both be able to see the reviews instantly and as @Emiel1 said, you are notified when your guest leaves a review. Maybe the guest didnt submit their review correctly (or just didn't really submit one at all). After 14 days, all should become clear.

Many thanks Kath9.  Will wait for the 14 days, and then contact Airbnb.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Melanie423 

Melanie, possibly a silly question but, was the hosting experience a good one for both you and guest?

Airbnb will not post a review that contravenes their content policy. As the guest claims they have left a review of you it is possible the system removed their review on content grounds.

I hope that isn't the case but  it is really only other possibility I can think of!

Cheers.....Rob

Melanie423
Level 2
Looe, United Kingdom

Thanks Rob for your response.  Yes, it  was a very positive experience all round!  The guest left very lovely comments in the visitor book, and even left me a bottle of wine to say, thank you.  I've 'spoken' to the guest who believes he has completed review process; I think it may well be that he has not fully carried out all the steps required for it to be posted.  I'm hopeful now that I can ask him to further review what he has already done and amend accordingly.  Thanks very much for taking the time to respond.  Mel