Review is just X

Grace329
Level 5
Johannesburg, South Africa

Review is just X

I had a very surprising review today.

am new at hosting.  

the guest who left today gave me 5 stars throughout then overall she gave me a 4star.

As if that was not bad enough on the public review she just wrote an X. No explanation, nothing!

this is despite the fact that she even sent me a private message saying she enjoyed so much and she will definitely come back!

she just gave wrote X on public review.

should I even respond to the review or should I just ignore it?

am confused!

6 Replies 6
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Grace329  I would bet she mixed up the private and public review. I would actually write to her and ask what you could have done to get the 5* Overall and why did she just leave an X. Most guests respond to these questions though some will not. 

Grace329
Level 5
Johannesburg, South Africa

I thought the same but I felt that if I now go about asking her what the X means it would be like am putting pressure on her or sort of harrassing her.  

But now am stuck with an X on my reviews which can be interpreted as a a sign to say dont go by future guests! Lol!

@Grace329   I don't think a simple question asking for an explanation for something that is definitely confusing is harrassing. And she's gone and has already left the review, so if she considers it pressure or harrassing, so what?

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Grace329 you could comment as "This guest's private feedback was '<her private feedback>'"

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi@Grace

daft humour but here in the UK

X=a kiss 😘

Ruth175
Level 3
Antarctica

@Grace329

Do not waste your time with the guest. Ask Airbnb to remove this review. Once we got just a dot and it was removed. Airbnb Review Guidelines DO NOT allow "Reviews that do not represent a user’s personal experience". Single X letter represents nothing.