Reviews won't appear on new listing

Reviews won't appear on new listing

Hi there! 

I am an old host so I have some reviews as such for listings that are not active anymore. 

I recently listed my new apartment and already got my first three guests. They were pretty happy with the place so I suppose they reviewed it. Two of them were hosts in their own countries so they probably know how important it is to get some good reviews in the beginning. Long story short, I reckon at least one of them must have left a review. However no reviews appear on my listing yet. Needless to say I have reviewed all of them. 

My question is if there is any rule before the first reviews appear on a listing? If a certain number of reviews must be completed or a period of time before they are shown to the public? 

Thanks! 

11 Replies 11
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Konstantinos87 

Has 14 days passed from checkout day, that's when the review will be released if you don't review them.

Secondly If anyone left a review you would have an e-mail nagging you to leave a review for the guest

Thanks for your reply @Jeff158 

I have reviewed my guests so if they did the same, it should appear on my listing right away, correct? 

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Konstantinos87 yes. But maybe they haven't left a review. Have you asked them? 

Thank you @Ana1136 

No, I haven’t cause most of them continue to the greek islands so I do not want to disturb 🙂 

Will wait for some days and check with them. 

I remember that years ago three reviews were necessary before any rating appeared on a listing. 

Who knows if that’s still the case? 

K

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Konstantinos87 the reviews are shown as soon as you both write one or after 14 days. If they are continuing with their vacation it is likely that they haven't reviewed you yet. 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Konstantinos87 

If the review is not showing up on your profile, and you have left the guest a review, the guest has not reviewed you. They have 14 days following checkout to write you a review before the review window closes.

Thanks a lot @Emilia42 

This is definitely the case generally. 

But I have the impression it might be different with new listings. 

Anyway I had great communication with my guests so I can just ask them to do it if they haven’t done it already. 

K

Jennifer1421
Level 10
Peterborough, Canada

I think @Konstantinos87, the reviews will show on your listing right away, but you won't have a "star rating" until there are three, as there needs to be a few in order for the algorithm to aggregate.

Thanks a lot @Jennifer1421  Now it’s clear

@Konstantinos87 

Reviews for a new listing are treated no differently than reviews for other listings you may have received. If you have not received a review it is because the guest has, for one reason or another not given one. They do have 14 days, so be patient!

Only reviews for you new listing will be displayed in the review section but, just below the review section and above the host profile information there will be this notation....

Other reviews.png

The person looking at that listing can click on that box and see whatever past reviews that host may have and what listings they may have been given for!

Airbnb do this so a host cannot escape a bad past....they can post a new listing but their past reviews will always follow them!

Cheers......Rob

Thanks a lot @Robin4  Good that my old reviews still appear. 

I guess I need to show some patience and will get new ones as well. 

K