Reviews...

Jerry9
Level 3
Eilat, Israel

Reviews...

I am tired of lies from guests...and Airbnb refusing to police reviews!

I want to stop giving public reviews...and, give only private reviews.  Reviews are subjective...they truly do not have value!

If I do not write a review...is the guest review posted?

3 Replies 3
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Jerry9 Even if you wont read a public review for your guests their reviews will be visible after 14days so you cannot run from this. It is better if you always leave a honest public review for your guests. Good luck!!!

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Jerry9

You can respond to a public review in a way that future guests will be better informed. Attacing the actual guest will put you in a bad light.  

Clearly some of your guests are not a good match for homesharing - put that in their review and maybe also in your public responses.  

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Jerry9

Of course they have value. They help both hosts and guests to get a feel for the sort of host/guest someone is.

For hosts they are one of the key ways in which we can evaluate if the guest is a good fit for us and any red flags around behaviour we might find unacceptable such late night noise or damage to property.

Of course reviews are subjective. However have a look at Airbnb's rules for reviews on Airbnb's Help Centre and if you feel they are breaking these reviews, contact Airbnb.

In the spirit of being part of Airbnb's host community please leave honest public reviews of your guests.