Reviews

Ted45
Level 1
Victoria, Canada

Reviews

I have a guest stay for one night. No interaction, nothing out of the ordinary. They write a review. I can't see it until I write one myself - well, what happens if I don't write a review? I searched help.

5 Replies 5

@Ted45, if you do not write a review then the guest's review will appear in 14 days. You (and everyone else) will be able to see it then.

Here is the relevant Help article about reviews: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2059/host-and-guest-reviews

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ted45... What will happen Ted is, the guests review will be held for 14 days, or until such time as you send a review if you have a change of heart (which I would strongly recommend)!

However if you choose not to review the guest then the guests review will become public on your page after 14 days and you will not be allowed to take any further part in the review process for that guest. Quite often the guest will have something to say that the host would like to respond to, and if you both submit reviews, you will be given the automatic rite to leave a public review response which will appear directly below your review on their page. If you do not write a review that public response will not be open to you and whatever the guest had to say will remain unchallenged.

The other thing to consider Ted, if you look at your 'Stats'  and go to 'Standards'  the last item in standards is your ' Review Rate'  and every review you have given counts towards your overall pecentage. Every time you fail to leave a review your Review Rate will take a hit and that percentage will drop!

Ted, you can just leave a one liner..."Comunication was ok but would decline the offer to host again"  if the hosting was a bit rough. That gets you on the board and satisfies the system.

Cheers....Rob

Thanks so much, guys! I thought I had read that somewhere, but I could not find it.

Thanks again,

Ted

Hi @Ted45,

If nothing remarkable happened, then the guest was fine, right?  No reason not to write a review (it matters to guests as well as hosts), correct?  In fact is there any reason not to give the guest a very good review?  I mean, they don't have to do improv or tap-dance to be a great guest, or do they? 😉

Best,

Kim
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I use pretty much a standard sentence, wish they was the option to save it.

David