Room types quantity more than one

Gianpaolo7
Level 2
Rome, Italy

Room types quantity more than one

My Channel Manager wrote me:

Airbnb XML now supports room types with multiple rooms

Airbnb have recently officially opened their portal to Hotels, B&Bs and they now support room types with a quantity greater than one. Previously each Airbnb listing could only be for one unique room.

It is a good news for who is creating his listings now... but not for those who have been on airbnb for a long time and have different listings for the same room type. In this case, you have to choose which listing to take on, renouncing all the reviews you have on the others because it is not possible to merge different listings.

So: Double Room A (100 reviews) + Double Room B (80 reviews) = Two Double Rooms (max 100 reviews)

We have to ask Airbnb to allow us to combine our old different listings. Otherwise, only hotels will be able to manage availability in an optimized way.

6 Replies 6

@Gianpaolo7

"We have to ask Airbnb to allow us to combine our old different listings"

good point...I guess it will be a case of priority for Airbnb, and when exactly that point can get to the top of their IT coding to-do list

you might to better to add your suggestion here 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback

Just entered. Thanks

@Gianpaolo7 that is very interesting!

I do not need this capability, but I am very interested in how a host takes advantage of this.

How do you set up the listing so that it can take multiple bookings for the same room type?

If you have two triple rooms and two double rooms, you do not need to have 4 listings but it is enough to have 2x2: Double room (quantity 2) / Triple room (quantitiy 2).

This is the best way to optimize the calendar reducing the empty dates to the maximum.

double room A: guest X (in 17/5 - out 20/5)  / available room (20/5 to 22/5) / guest Y (in 22/5 - out 25/5)

double room B: available room (15/5 to 20/5) / guest A (in  20/5 - out 24/5)

With double room (2 units): 

room 1: guest X + guest A

room 2: available room (15/5 to 22/5) + guest Y

how would it work with a channel manager? 

lets say I have a dorm room with 4 beds. how do I sell all 4 with one listing? and would I have to update my channel manger?

I wonder too waiting for some Hero.