SCAM!!!!SOMEONE POSTED MY HOTEL APARTMENT ON AIRBNB!!!

SCAM!!!!SOMEONE POSTED MY HOTEL APARTMENT ON AIRBNB!!!

Good day 

I am posting here because i dont know where else can i get help, airbnb support team is not respond me. 

I have found a guy posted my hotel on airbnb as his property and his profile is showing some inappropriate messages (looking for ladies to stay with him ) 

We have never authorized anyone to put our property in airbnb, airbnb team should checked his background before allowed him post. 

I have called customer service two weeks ago, they responded me that other deapartment will reach to me in 3-5 days  but till today, no feedback!!

I have also sent a message to ask airbnb to delete his post online!!  Its causing a very bad image to us BUT they also didnt do it!!!!!

It is very unacceptable to me !!

We are wiiling to to provide any legal documents for this and set up a case in our local police station, but i cant not do it without airbnb assitance. 

Airbnb should be responsible for this incident!! It is not safe for us and your guests as well !!!!!

Please someone responds to this !!!!!!
Kind regards
Cindy

14 Replies 14

AIRBNB1.jpgAIRBNB2.jpgAIRBNB3.jpgAIRBNB4.jpg

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Cindy591, how is this guy going to get access to the apartment? 

It could be a bait-and-switch, or perhaps he has a booking at the hotel already and is trying to con someone into joining him?

We think he stayed here last year he booked with us through booking.com

@Cindy591  I located this listing and flagged it to Airbnb for review under the "Scam" tag.  But if you are the owner of the hotel, you should get Airbnb on the phone and report it as a more urgent matter.

It's clear that this creep is using this ad as an attempt to entrap women. I can't imagine any woman falling for this scam, but you never know...maybe someone who fails to read the listing will get through. It's important that Airbnb bans this user immediately.

Thank you for you mesasge,  @Anonymous 

Yes i did call airbnb the second when i found it, a kind lady answered my phone and she told me the other departments will reach to me and responds to this, but till today i have not yet receive andy feedback besides that, i also reported him and send inbox/messages to the support team, but his post is still there, it is very not safe for the guests and us as well, of course if we find out him, we would not let him check in. But the information of him on the airbnb is very limited,  im sure william is not his real name, no cell phone or email, we tracked some history but we can not confirm wether is him, it would be really helpful if airbnb can help us. 

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Cindy591 

Are you sure he is not a guest at your hotel? This may not be Airbnb's problem if this is your guest.  He may even be complying with you by having claimed 2 guests on his reservation - the second guest being a temporary companion. As such, you will need to kick him out.

Elsewise, It does suck to be part of a scam. Your hotel exterior does not imply your complicity, but does muddy the waters.  Unfortunately, Airbnb may lazily  and incorrectly view his picture as "dude is in front of a building". Is the interior view also your hotel? That is more damning.

If you don't get relief from Airbnb, you will have to get a lawyer. A cease and desist letter will pull this picture of your hotel. 

Good luck

And good luck to women who answer an ad for "good looking women wanted" when the host has no ID. 

Thank you for your message, @Paul154 

I am sure he is not a guest in the hotel now, but  collegue thinks he might be here last year 2018 April, but the information we can get from airbnb is very limted, william could not be his real name, and his picture with sunglasses is not clear as well, no cellphone or email, we could tracked down some people we think might be this person but we can not confirm. 

Yes he is using our old pictures of apartments from booking.com,  which means he has posted this for long time, at least from 2018. 

Airbnb does not know its others property, fine, but with his profile messages which is very inapproiate , Airbnb should took his post down.. 

Yes we did contact our laywer for this, this is why we are willing to provide any legal documents, but i still hope airbnb can help us to make it a bit easier. 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Cindy591 

why don't you post a link to his listing? It would help if more people flag it.

Is your hotel also in Namibia?

Do you still advertise it on Booking.com? Did you send your booking.com URL to Airbnb to prove this hotel is yours? ( because you don't have any reviews or listings here on Airbnb)

@Branka-and-Silvia0  The listing is here, just found it searching the text on Google: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/24812737

Also, if you right-click the images and select "Search Google for this image" a hotel in Namibia comes up, both in its website and on a hotels.com.au listing. I

@Cindy591  It's possible that "William" harvested the photos from a current site, since they are all available somewhere online. He joined Airbnb in May 2018, so the listing could have been created at any point between then and now.

@Anonymous 

it is for 2 guests....with 2 beds.... but for single (cute looking) lady only

it is 1 bedroom apartment.... but one girl stays there sometimes

the price is 234 € per night 😄 auch!

I am on firefox and don't see the option "Search Google for this image" if I right click on the picture

@Branka-and-Silvia0  That might only work on Chrome...

@Anonymous 

tried on chrome .... no results found...

I tried image search before but also without any results. Strange....

000.png

Good day dear @Branka-and-Silvia0 

Thank you for the message, thank you for the suggestions!! i just sent our booking link to them, 

His airbnb:   https://www.airbnb.cn/rooms/24812737?search_id=f9a2e8b7-b90c-de4b-7950-93f0d8d65101&federated_search...

Our booking:  https://www.booking.com/hotel/na/dream-home-self-catering.zh-cn.html?aid=1345697&label=msn691jc-1FCA...

Kind regards 

CIndy