SOLUTION: How to get configurable text/email alerts/notifications based on your Airbnb calendar

SOLUTION: How to get configurable text/email alerts/notifications based on your Airbnb calendar

Hello airbnb community,

I am an aribnb host who created an online/web-app (mycalendaralerts.com) to send text (and/or email) alerts based on guest arrivals and departures.
I am looking for beta-testers. Below are details if interested.

PROBLEM:
as Airbnb hosts, it is critical for me and my wife to receive on-time alerts [texts and/or email] to efficiently run our airbnb.
For example, we have a short window of time to REMEMBER/send a door code to the next guest AFTER the previous guest leaves.
Unfortunately, too frequently we had incidents where we had to frantically scramble to send out the code!...sometimes late! Ughh!! 😞

SOLUTION-1: (Not yet available)
I have seen a few conversations requesting Airbnb to provide configurable alerts and we have appealed directly to support, but they advised is that there is no plan to enable such a feature.
I wouldn't be surprised if eventually they enable it, but we need this now! I also looked at a few other options, but they didn't provide what we needed.

SOLUTION-2:
Since I have yet to find what we needed and being a software engineer, I finally decided to create my own web app (mycalendaralerts.com).

I eventually will roll it out publicly as a service (for any online calendar including google, etc), but I am currently just beta-testing to find/fix glitches.
If anyone would be willing to help beta-test this web service, I would be grateful! Contact me and I will provide a code to sign up as a beta-tester.

You can find the features on the site: mycalendaralerts.com/CalendarAlerts/help_documentation/
...but in general, it allows you to setup alert-policies/rules to send texts/emails based on days/times relative to your guests arrival and/or departure.
I would like to have about 10 people evaluating/testing it and of course the test period will be free.
Please let me know if you can help!

Thank you and Happy hosting!

Doug & Teri

0 Replies 0