Severe weather warning

Milo8
Level 2
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom

Severe weather warning

We have had a severe weather warning for next week and the house will be dangerous to access, am I able to cancel a booking without loosing my superhosting?

The house is very remote and stands at 1400 feet, the link below is the forecast for down in the local village, it is usually two degrees colder at the house and the drive will be deep in snow if the forecast is correct. Guests may not be able to access, also it is likely there may be power cuts.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?date=2018-02-27&lat=52.8259&lon=-3.3006

8 Replies 8
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Milo8

Yes, you can probably cancel penalty free under the extenuating circumstances clause - you would need to contact airbnb for assistance with the cancellelation. Better warn your guests asap.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Milo8 ,

I think it is explained here what to do when there are Extenuating Circumstances involved:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1320/what-if-i-need-to-cancel-because-of-an-emergency-or-unavoid...

Best regards, Emiel

Susan869
Level 6
Lupton, United Kingdom

I would ring Airbnb, or contact on line. As super host you have direct access. I did this yesterday and the agent I was contacting was very helpful and aimed to sort out any problems.

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

KiaOra @Milo8 You could also inform your guests in case they want to change the dates. Stay safe. ❤️

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Oh its going to get us @Milo8 stock up on chocolate biscuits for Friday.

Milo8
Level 2

Thanks everyone for replies, guests are celebrating a birthday so changing dates isn't viable. They are happy to re-book less remote accommodation so hopefully Airbnb will allow us to cancel penalty free as its only me that stands to loose money!

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Make it clear that this is abnormal for where you are, where I am it would be considered a nice day.

David
Milo8
Level 2

Its fine for us, its not so good for city dwellers coming out in shiny cars trying to get up 2 miles of steep untreated road!