Showing exact location to guests

Natia17
Level 2
Tbilisi, Georgia

Showing exact location to guests

Hello,

Wanted to discuss the new feature - Exect location.  Dispite the positive side - guests will know where exactly the place is located before choosing to book and it will be easiar for them to dicide is it best fit for them or not, how do you think what negative effects it may have for hosts.

I like the option as location is one of my places' main benefits, but I actually have second thoughts of choosing this option. I had bad experience of sharing my adress to a guest before booking and he ended up showing at my place early in the morning and asking to show around and than asking to make a discount outside of AirBNB, after that I never give the adress prior to approval.

So, what do think how it may effect hosts and have you already chosen this option.

Thank You

8 Replies 8
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Be great, if it really worked (does it now?) and now they can eliminate 'Location' from the star system.

@Fred13, It's a pilot version, so it may not work properly at the moment.

Did not know that location was aliminated from star system.. why so

Many here are oftentimes being given high marks for all, except location, which there is nothing they can do about, and thus wish it was dropped from the star system.

Oh I see. Yes, many may have a subjective opinion on what a good location is. 

MaryAnn42
Level 2
Santa Monica, CA

As a host who rents a room out in my home, I don’t like the feature because I’d rather my home address not be public to just any searcher. But as a traveler/potential renter I  would like to be able to check whether a property is at least near a target address, such as where a workshop is being held, I’d like to be able to map the route to see if a place is close enough to where I want to be to walk or if I’d need a car.

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hello Natia

Tge negative that springs to mind is that your exact location becomes an address book and your interior photos become a shopping catalogue for prospective burglars.

I believe Giving excat location / address of the property to guest before deciding to book the property is very important. While reading the description of the property mentioned that there is a good public transport connections and then after your booking is confirmed and check how you can reach to the property by the public transport you will end up with one option by car and that will takes around 30 minutes from the airport. I don't think hiding exact location is fair.This policy on Airbnb should be changed. I am just wondering why location of the property is hidden!!! Airbnb says because of the safety and privacy, hidding location is nothing to do with the safety and privacy. I believe all properties that listed here on Airbnb for rental purposes and all guest/ tenants has a right to see the property or at least see the excat location before deciding to book the property or not. 

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

@Natia17 , I have no desire to use the exact location for safety and security reasons.  Guests get this information in plenty of time, and I do not need locals scrutinizing the place.   I have had interstate guests needing the exact address for Covid19 government border documentation and that is totally different. This is usually done about a week out from arrival and I'm giving them this information after conversations.