Slice Insurance (USA) - Anyone had to make a claim yet?

Tracey---Bryan0
Level 5
Los Angeles, CA

Slice Insurance (USA) - Anyone had to make a claim yet?

We are using Slice Insurance for each booking while we are researching other options. Just curious if anyone is using them and made any claims yet. Was service good? Was the situation covered as they said it would be? 

10 Replies 10

Hello @Tracey---Bryan0

We’re also in the market for a home sharing policy so we’re following your post. 

Thank you. 

Victoria137
Level 2
Knoxville, TN

I read their policy and it seems that they address more vulnerabilites than any other product on the market for those who homeshare, but I have the same question about how they handle claims.

Tony-and-Char0
Level 1
Florida, United States

Hi - I have been using Slice for a couple of months with no issues. However today they refused to insure my next two stays because a weather service advisory has declared a moderate to high risk of fire due to low humidity and 10mph winds this afternoon. So basically if the wind is just 10mph and it's not damp, you are going to have gaps in your coverage. In my state, we get these advisories ALL THE TIME. It should never prevent you getting insurance, that's ridiculous. If they don't like the risk, then why not just take off forest fire cover during those periods? Why decline to cover every other eventuality? Honestly, don't waste your time with Slice, you can never be sure they will cover you when you need it. I am going to Proper Insurance. 

Hi, did you end up switching to Proper? If so, how is it?

I too have used Slice for every stay. I have never had them decline coverage and I have never had to file a claim.

I did check into Proper and they declined to cover my completely renovated 1953 home because the main sewer line from the street into the house was cast iron. All plumbing inside the house connecting into that line had been replaced, but that wasn't good enough for them. I do most of my remodel work myself, (which is completely legal as a homeowner) but they also required verification from an electrician and plumber that the work had been done and was up to code before they could cover my home.

Hope you have better luck or a newer house  🙂

Merlyn 

Emily487
Level 10
KCMO, MO

@Tracey---Bryan0  Are you still with Slice and what has your experience been like?

Tracey---Bryan0
Level 5
Los Angeles, CA

We have been using them for all stays for about two years now. I love how easy it is to sign up for coverage for each stay. Luckily we haven't had any claims though so I really don't know how the coverage/service is. It just helped to give us a little piece of mind.

Emily487
Level 10
KCMO, MO

@Tracey---Bryan0 That's great to hear! Thanks so much for your time!

Michele863
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Hi, I am also using Slice, but I have received some notifications and advisories from them that I have to agree to before I can insure a stay. This concerns me and I've put my listing on "snooze" while I try to figure this out. I don't feel secure that they would be obligated to cover a claim. They have too many disclaimers for California -- don't know if these also apply to other states. Also, does anyone know if they are offshore? Thanks so much.

Liz553
Level 2
Jacksonville, FL

Does anyone know why Slice just dropped Florida?