Smart pricing activated by itself

David-Erik0
Level 6
Berlin, DE

Smart pricing activated by itself

Hello, 

this morning I've logged my account and I've found absurd prices on all my calendar days (around 43) turned out that smart pricing was active for every single day. The only problem is that I do not use smart pricing since I've started to host... In the main settings of my account, is active but when I open the days of my calendar, I manually change it for every single day. 

Anyone else experienced this?

76 Replies 76
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@David-Erik0 

you are not the only one, there are other posts about the same issue, all from last night. It's a glitch on the Airbnb side

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Lazy-responding-to-a-serious-error-from-the-Airbnb-support/...

Thank you! Perhaps AirBnB had to notify their agent about this bug, before write here I've talked with an agent who had a view of my account just to tell me "You smart pricing is not active" thanks... I've deactivated it 😄

Petar16
Level 5
Split, Croatia

call your airbnb support and explain them the situation , immediately , i am doing the same right now 

It was useless. 

I've worked as Team Leader in the Operations and Customer Service as well, normally agents have daily reports with the current bugs but apparently or the agent I've talked with was not informed, or AirBnB do not have set such daily reports, because the agent I've talked with, know absolutely nothing, he said that if I though was a bug I could send a feedback. 

I've set up the prices as they were and completely disabled smart pricing from you account settings just in case. 
I've been lucky anyway, 'cause I've just lost €5 but it's annoying anyway 'cause I know if they were more I would have never seen them back.

i lost 300 euros , im trying to get it back and  i dont plan on giving up this is not my fault and ive made meassures to prevent this from happening, the fact their system messed up this whole thing is none of my concern and in this case they should take responsibility bcs both parties dont deserve to suffer in this case.

lucky for me i have more then enough evidence to point that this isnt just a one time occurence and that it isnt just my account being affected, link them our posts in your case and present it , if it happens to you for a larger sum of money in the future 

Hi @Petar16  @Michelle1362  I wonder if you have heard from Airbnb yet re compensation?  I am still waiting 😞

i got my booking cancelled , lucky for me i didnt lose anything but i was close to losing the 300 euros,  my advice is contact them again and provide them with these links on the forum, as they have already admitted that there was indeed a mistake  on their end 

Ive called numerous times and assured the glitch taken care of and yet people are booking at half price. Smart pricing only helps this corp by assuring they receive money while I am loosing it! ASked for a supervisor many times, will call bk and no one does...

Hi Just had exactly the same problem with 8 of my festival days going for a song.  Airbnb say it was me but it definitely wasn't and I have seriously lost out.  Very frustrated

I'm not surprised that AirBnB support told you that

it has cost me £1400 ....

Michelle1362
Level 2
Kansas City, MO

This happened to me as well. Thank goodness I checked my calendar today. I've de-activated smart pricing, but I already lost $250 on an October booking for an NFL game. I should have been able to command a premium for that weekend (as I've done with the first weekend in November, already booked), but it was booked at a discount - a discount that I did not offer. I'm waiting to hear back from Airbnb support, they've confirmed it was "an error with our website that did, indeed, have an effect on the nightly rate in your calendar". 

They will never call you back and honestly, will wait on the phone for an hour and have them conveniently hang up on you.

I wish you could permanently deactivate smart pricing. I never want to use it but airbnb is assured a booking at half the price and they will certainly get their money while you lose!!!

@Debra319  Not sure what you mean about permanently deactivating Smart Pricing. I have never used it and it has never activated itself.