Some important questions before hosting for the first time

Inbal3
Level 2
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel

Some important questions before hosting for the first time

Hi

I would like to host for the first time, and I have a few questions I was not able to find an answer onsite:

1. Should I be concerned about renting my place to a guest who is verified but does not have prior feedback or reviews?

2. One guest has 5 verifications, and another has 6. However, as I enter each profile, I see only the first verifications and not all of them. How should I address the number of guest verifications?

3. Can't I view a guest Facebook profile even if their profile indicates their FB profile as a verification? Because I tried and was able to view their profile

4. I wanted to submit my back account details for future wire transfer of the hosting fee. The form contained only address details, and after filling them and saving, my payout preferences method is Back aacount, but the status next to it says Error, and I don't know why.

5. Shouldn't I submit by back account details for money wiring of the hosting fee?

6. What is the benefit of setting a security deposit if in any case I can open a dispute in the case of a host causing damage?

7. What are the implications of setting a security deposit for guests before making a reservation? Does it require guests to deposit ithe sum in practice, or any other reuirement that may scare a guest from making a resservation or narrow my potential guests?

Thank you so much in advance

Inbal

1 Reply 1
Dee9
Level 10
Moriches, NY

ques #1...i have hosted plenty of newbies with no problems.

ques #7...Guests are never really charged for security upfront, only later if something happens