Special offer.....now where do I find that!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Special offer.....now where do I find that!

Many hosts may not be aware that since the last round of 'tinkering' with the booking/ messages section of the platform we, as hosts have lost the ability to send a prospective guest a special offer. This is where it used to be........

Cancellation wrong state.png

But with the new layout it has entirely disappeared! There is nowhere in the message stream or the calendar page where you can send a guest a special offer!

Message stream 2.png

It has gone altogether, along with the reference calendar which meant we didn't have to juggle bookings between two pages, which sadly we do now!

I was so incensed to learn this I have sent in some feedback!

Frustration..png

I know it won't get anywhere but hopefully if enough hosts voice their disapproval we might get somewhere!

They do after all say they take notice of their feedback!

Cheers......Rob

8 Replies 8
Howard42
Level 5
Hilliard, OH

@Robin4I also noticed that when I preapprove a guest after an inquiry, I can no longer block the dates so what is the point if I preapprove and another guest books in that 24 hour time frame? 

Kimberly54
Level 10
San Diego, CA

@Robin4, gotta tell you, you're really cute when you get upset!

*)

I was on the phone with someone at HQ yesterday... lost in the ever-changing Labyrinth (that is actually a word that a number of their employees use).  Really sweet person who was able to direct me, and to my gentle complaint about constant changes she said, "I know, unfortunately, that is the way things are done here."

Kim
Lynette57
Level 10
Gladstone, Australia

Hi Rob, I have always found that many areas of the site are different in different locations and the APP and  and phone platforms are not always coherant either. So therefore I dont take any notice of any of them, I always message guest and let them know that personal photographic idea will need to be produced at check in, and if we discuss any deals we will reimburse them in cash also on check in , as the platform (depending on where your viewing it) will sometimes not allow this to happen, 

I have offered guests discounts in the past but ABB hasnt applied it and did not reimburse the guest money.

I just find the whole site painstaking to deal with at times and cant imagine trying to deal with CS so I do it myself, even down to managing additional payments and any damage issues as well. I have never had a problem that I havnt been able to work out directly with the booking guest. and my guests repeat book a lot of times.

I dont even worry about reviews any more, although I always write one for guests but if they dont write one that is still ok. Im happy where we are at. Other platforms and private bookings take up the slack.

Have a lovely day, Enjoy a red or two, Get ready for the election. Mr Shorten is going to chase ABB for tax's now,  so we might be heading for a bumpy road

Hi @Lynette57 . Airbnb tax has nothing to do with Govt of the day or any change on this coming election.

Airbnb are ALREADY reporting to the ATO. 

Mike1034
Level 10
Mountain View, CA

@Robin4 I still see the Special Offer button for guests who inquired but did not book. Or the guests who booked but canceled it later.

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Robin4, I only have confirmed bookings at this stage so can't check whether I can still see the Special Offer link (I think it only applies to enquiries???). However, I see that you can change the price on a confirmed booking by going to the reservation, clicking on Change or Cancel Reservation > Change Reservation. There you can change the price accordingly.

Also, hahaha, I see in your example above that your guest wanted to cancel the booking because they thought you were in WA! Glad to know I'm not the only one! Which raises the question, why do they not include the state in our listings???

Cynthia475
Level 5
California, United States

I am so glad that someone else is bothered by the loss of the calendar within the booking request or inquiry.  It is SO frustrating.  It did not make it easier and it was not an improvement!  Now you can not just glance up to see if those dates work, if they are requesting a block of dates that fits or leaves several days open.  You actually have to open up your calendar to view the dates.  And to make matters worse when you "click here" to see your calendar within the request, it dumps you off in the current calendar month.  It doesn't even bring you to the dates that are in question.  Then you have to toggle back to look at the dates again.  All unecessary steps that were not there before.  Who thought that this made sense?  Not someone that is actually using the site.

I will be sending in my feedback as soon as I can find the appropriate place to do so.

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Thanks @Robin4, for the heads up. I haven’t needed it, so haven’t noticed it missing in action. The missing calendar is just annoying and makes checking cumbersome.