Stats disappeared

Andrea-and--Matt0
Level 3
Aspley, Australia

Stats disappeared

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue with stats in their dashboard

I used to be able to see views, requests and the performance red line for a couple of months in front. Now I can only see it for the previous month.

I contacted airbnb by phone and was told this is due to an upgrade but wanted to ask if anyone else is having the same frustrations it was a really good tool to judge your views on.

I don't want it to be only retrospective.

Cheers
22 Replies 22
Gail12
Level 2
Palm Springs, CA

No views no  bookings when will this be fixed,  Bookings for May show up as no bookings?

Julie104
Level 3
Christchurch, New Zealand

I have been onto them on facebook, email and phone about this for four weeks and keep getting "Thank you for pointing this out, we will inform our developers" - like it is something they don't know about!

I wouldn't use Smart pricing, I have a whole month nearly fully booked at twice the smart pricing recommendations. They don't seem to take into account things like special events, school holidays etc, things that local knowledge is essential for!

It is really annoying to not have this feature any more, and frustrating that there is no communication about it

Anna79
Level 2
Whistler, Canada

So rediculous all the money Airbnb is earning, yet they cannot fix any problems for months on end. Spend a little more money on your IT department Airbnb! 

If they are getting rid of the stats table, that's such a stupid decision. It was such a vital part for so many of us. I doubt anyone would have complained about it and asked for it to be gone! Also they need to inform their entire staff about changes like this, so we don't end up with many different responses from airbnb, therefore being left in the dark for literally months about issues. 

Everyone should leave feedback about it. Maybe if we can get enough people to complain about it they will bring it back/fix it:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback

I agree - PLEASE, everyone, let Airbnb know via feedback how important this feature is to hosts!

I just did:-)

Elise
Elise-and-Frank0
Level 9
Arroyo Grande, CA

Losing this view option for Stats is a big deal, and if other hosts are as upset as me, please send Airbnb your feedback and ask for it back. Use this link:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback

Here's what I have sent Airbnb via Feedback:

BRING BACK STATS VIEWS! Please!

It has been really frustrating that Airbnb has taken away the ability for hosts to see how many times their listing is viewed compared to others in our area (that we know are truly comparable). This essential feature was vital for many reasons!

*This gave us, as hosts, the ability to see exactly what the area's demand is for any given day/weekend, but even more importantly...
*It told hosts how they measure up compared to others.
*This view let us see exactly how many times we were viewed compared to how many potential guests were viewing other listings in the area, so how much of the market are we capturing?
*If we aren't capturing many views, what do we need to change? Title, price, policies...???
*This information enabled us to strategize our pricing and terms to try to increase views, which leads to bookings.
* This feature helped us to schedule our own travel around the lowest demand times so that we don't miss out on the best opportunities for bookings.
*For a newbie like me, I could look back through the previous year and see which dates during holiday periods had the most travelers - is it Christmas week, or really the week before? Now, I don't know since Airbnb deleted this feature. Dang, I didn't make notes because I had no warning that it was going away...can't tell you how disappointed, frustrated, irritated... I am!

***What I know - my total number of requests and bookings significantly dropped when comparing only 3 weeks during April that we were live to 4 whole weeks of May, and this is timed with the approach of my area's peak season, so doesn't make sense. Yikes, what happened?
*Losing this feature is a HUGE loss!
*PLEASE, bring it back!
Elise
P.S. I've called several times, and can't get any answer as to was the loss of this feature planned or accidental and something that is being worked on fixing...no one at Customer service seems to have a clue. Again, more frustration.

Elise

The customer service referents are strange, one talks one thing, another one another thing.  My impression is they are either not well informed about what's going on in the company, or they are instructed to intentionally mislead us.

Katie47
Level 5
Atlanta, GA

I have taken the advice from  @Elise-and-Frank0 from other Stat threads and have been writing to Airbnb everyday. The website for feedback is: https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback  (make sure to go to hosting tools)

You are more than welcome to copy and paste my message to send.

Why have stats for host reguarding views to their property if it's not accurate and it does not show the viewings for the future? Is this a bug? We host have heavily relied on this feature to price our listings based on looks/views. This was a horrible judgement call by Airbnb if they have decided to get rid of it, and makes us host think that you are not favorable to us. Please remember us, the little guys who also want to make a profit like Airbnb.

BRING BACK STATS VIEWS! Please!

Rosalie68
Level 1
Cebu City, Philippines

I have the same issue i would like the old version that show its stats in my dashboard hope airbnb would work this out as soon as possible