Strange request

Ken122
Level 1
Mechanicsville, VA

Strange request

I just had a person contact me through Airbnb app, asking if she could meet up with me to look at the place and go over a few things, before she officially books for a specific weekend.  Is this a good idea for me to agree to do this?

6 Replies 6
Natasha-And-Dale0
Level 6
Athabasca, Canada

I would be on the cautious side. Advise her that it is difficult to show your space when guests are present and she should refer to the photos.if she persists and if yo have a lieniant cancellation policy ask her to book her dates first so that at least airbnb has an idea that she is in your home. Something to track. Communicate on airbnb messages only for extra security and then if she is in the area at an agreeable time for both of you...show her. 

@Ken122

Please check the link and replies written there by myself and other hosts. I think it will help. 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/listing-and-reservations/pag...

Alyssa36
Level 1
Cherry Hill, NJ

I recommend that you let her know that Airbnb has privacy measures that prevent releasing personal contact information including address prior to a confirmed reservation.  If she is not able to  come to terms with this policy I recommend that you let her know that it is for your and her best interest that you not meet. This measure is for the safety of both host and guest.  If she has any specific questions, you should be able to answer them via Airbnb message, even send her photos if she would like.  This message correspondence is also important in the event that there was a miscommunication and she expected an amenity that perhaps you do not have available. 

Cathy57
Level 2
Bellevue, WA

Absolutely not ! Decline request and move on. 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

This is your first clue, they will be ~~high maintenance~~.

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

The simple answer is "No". Do not pursue. This is either the start of a scam (most likely) or a guest who will, as others have suggested, will be incredibly needy. Do. Not. Pursue.