Such inaccurate and useless info in the calendar

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

Such inaccurate and useless info in the calendar

My weeknights are currently priced at $125. Many dates have the little "light bulb" in them and when I click the light bulb I get this message... "Your listing appeared in search for this night but people booked other listings that are about $119 less per night"

I'm supposed to believe that someone nearby me (OR ANYWHERE ON AIRBNB for that matter) rents their unit for $4 a night? 

Why is such misleading and inaccurate info being put out there by airbnb?

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Donald28,

Better ignore it, that's what every host does. It's indeed total unreliable and useless information.

Best regards,

Emiel

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Donald28

Don, you are better than this mate, don't take any notice of this silly blurb that Airbnb never misses and opportunity to promote!

Airbnb can make all these stupid assumptions and statements because they don't own anything! It's not their risk, it's ours. 

You're a good host with a good listing and you're a Supehost Don, have a laugh at the absurd background tinkering that goes into dreaming up these silly ways to drive us bankrupt!

Quite regularly I get emails telling me it's time I took a break and book an Airbnb holiday in my own listing!!

Sure........

Cheers.......Rob

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Robin4,

i would at least expect a special discount from Airbnb when booking my own listing !

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Emiel1

Hahahaha, and pigs might fly!

Here is the cold hard evidence.....a bit blurry but you get the jist! I might backtrack and find that email again, I like a good laugh from time to time.

Stupid advertising.jpg

Computer programmers will never cease to amaze me....the bleedin' obvious always seems to escape them!

Cheers.....Rob