Why do I suddenly have no bookings?

Answered!
Marie70
Level 1
Singapore

Why do I suddenly have no bookings?

Hi! 

When we first put up our listing on Airbnb, there were a number of enquiries coming in everyday. But since the last 3-4 days, there's a sudden halt in enquiries.

I wonder if anyone encountered the same issue recently? Is it something wrong with my listing? 

Some enlightenment from other Hosts/Airbnb would be of great help!

Thank you  😊 

1 Best Answer
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Denise710 @Marie70 @Helen19 @Helen427 

Girls, I am now of the opinion this is a glitch in the system and the reason it has not been fixed is because it is smasmodic, it is random and they can't track down where the error is! I don't know this but I suspect it!

I consistently average 10-12 reservations a month, have been doing so for the past 18 months. Even when my total views for the month were down to 320-360 I would still get at least 10 bookings. 

From the last week in March this year, through all of April and into May (Over 5 weeks)  I did not get one new booking....well that is not strictly true I did get 3 bookings as a result of pre-approvals I gave back in February. Apart from that absolutely nothing! At one stage my views page showed 1 new booking for past 30 days

I got onto CX and asked them to check on the status of my listing.....were they seeing something that I was not...or had my account been subject to internal treatment by Airbnb. She assured me all was good with my account and gave me a lot of stats....some that I was not even aware of and she said it must be just seasonal!

Within a day of making that call, all of a sudden the reservations are coming again. I have had 16 Airbnb bookings and 4 Stayz bookings in the past 30 days........

monthly bookings.png

Now at that point, my reaction was CX probably did a bit of resetting and got the booking ship upright again.

But I did have an interesting enquiry though. The guest said he had tried 3 or 4 times to book my listing in that drought period and he could not get past the check-out page. As soon as he tried to submitt for payment, the site said  booking failed, try again later. They waited for a couple of weeks and were about to go somewhere elsewhere and thought they would give the booking of my place one last try and, it went through! It was accepted. I asked him if there had been an issue with his payment method and he assured me there was nothing wrong on his end, it seemed to be an Airbnb problem!

Now fortunately this has not cost me anything, I had plenty of upcoming bookings anyway but I have heard of some hosts here who are being devistated by a sudden lack of business so I suggest keep on badgering CX. The more we get on their backs the more likely we are to try and hget to the bottom of this....what ever it is!

Cheers.....Rob

View Best Answer in original post

205 Replies 205

Hi Rob,

Can you tell me what CX stands for

I've been a host for 14 years, and a superhost at that

bookings in past 6 months almost zero

when I spoke with an Airbnb person to ask what was going on, was this a common trend

they were totally unhelpful

and I am devastated

thanks

Carolyn

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Robin4 @Marie70 @Denise710 @Helen19 

Yes it is a Technical glitch.

I've been on to Customer services the last 2 months.

Rang them again @Robin4  tonight & got a newbie on the phone, I had to guide him through a few things & he had no idea that CC is part of ABB.

@Lizzie @Stephanie@Quincy

Any updates on these issues please?

Thanks in advance

What did you tell him to have the bug fixed? I curranty manage bookings for someone ells and there planning on firing me and switching just normal rentals.  

Hi hi

I am still struggling. I'm not even getting a response from Airbnb for my messages of help sent to them . My bookings and enquiries have suddenly dried up.

Karen1027
Level 4
South Africa

We are experiencing the same problem and airbnb not responding to our messages

I don't know what CC is, or stands for. Still no requests to book. They apparently

cleared my "cache", yet no inquiries at this time. Need to try to rethink my options.

Airbnb doesn't seem to want to help. Lots of others are getting into the "short

term" stay marketplace, ie Marriott.  Maybe the competition has an influence. I have a great

place in a much desired area and nothing. 

@Denise710  I saw that all your dates are blocked. Not sure if they are booked or they are manually blocked.

Alice: They are manually blocked. I had someone come by and offer a nice monthly rate for 6 plus months. The day to day short term was wearing me out somewhat. Airbnb has some things to work on. Glad for a break.

I had lots of interest for longer term. This woman heard about me from someone in the neighborhood. She is renovating her home and wants to be close. Everyone is getting into

short term and this leaves an opening for longer term. Remember George in Seinfeld?

Do the opposite? DK

Elina53
Level 1
Riga, Latvia

Hey Dede:))) Would you kindly check on my listing? I am new to this:) Need some advise:)

Irene639
Level 2
San Jose, CA

Dear @Dede0  i haven't had any inquiries/ reservation since mid November. We opened last week of july. 2019 Can you please take a look at my listing. Elegantly Beautiful Family Home. Any advice is appreciated!  Thank you!

Tamela4
Level 2
Fall City, WA

I am experiencing the same thing. Last December we were booked every weekend. I’ve even lowered the price substantially. I have 5star rating, Airbnb Plus and Super Host status with great reviews! What is the deal?