Suddenly no bookings

Rakel6
Level 2
RVK, Iceland

Suddenly no bookings

Hello We noticed that the booking for our listing suddenly stopped, I searched the internet for the same problem and I saw that someone had the same problem after they declined a booking request. We declined one request because they asked if they could stay in our cabin for free if we got professional photos instead. Now I think that is the reason for the lack of bookings. How can I fix that? Can someone please help me? Best regards Rakel
4 Replies 4
Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Rakel6. This seems to be the new way. In your case, I would have accepted the booking request along with a note that stated that you wouldn't need their photography services and looked forward to meeting them. I would then add that they can cancel per AirBNB's policy for 48 hours with no penalty. Since a request charges the full amount to their credit card immediately, there is no risk to you; only the guests.

Hi Susan, thank you for your that. I will do that in the future. Do you know what I can do about this now? Will my listing be on the "black list" for a long time?

@Rakel6 wrote:

Will my listing be on the "black list" for a long time?

I have no idea. There isn't much transparancy on this [and many other] policies at AirBNB. And, it seems a bit random as to when these "punishments" are metered out.

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Rakel,

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with your listings.

I just checked by entering dates and went as far as 'Contact Host'. I didn't send a message, but can do if you like. Alternatively, ask a friend to do it.

If you get a message you will know there is nothing wrong.