Super Host Status - reviews.

Vasiliy0
Level 2
Dominican Republic

Super Host Status - reviews.

My Frist concern is that a lot of guests started to use reviews as a leverage. We have direct messages when the guest is using the review as a leverage and still Airbnb keeps this review on profile and it also affects the score.  

Discounters. - This type of guest looking for anything to get a discount. We had some disgusting cases when some guests brought cockroaches to our properties and claim for a free stay. It would be ok if that was the only one case. But this is what happens on a regular base...  - "You don't give us a discount. All right we'll use a review. 

Property DAMAGE. This is completely wrong. The guest makes a serious damage to the property and you make a claim. Or they break the house rules, late check out. NO pets - the guest brought a cat or dog. - Almost always unfair negative review. Airbnb Just keeps them... -  This is the guest experience you know!

I truly believe any negative review should be removed in case the guest brokes house rules or check out policy. 

I would be happy to have some feedback, thoughts or your personal story. 

Best, 

Vasiliy [Surname hidden]

Vacation-Punta-Cana-Vasiliy-Smetanin (17).jpgPunta Cana Ocean View.jpg

2 Replies 2
Flo49
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I empathize with you although my experiences haven't been as bad.  I got on this forum to find information about reviews from other hosts as well.  I'm also confused about the fact that a review I said was wrong was not corrected or deleted.   Yes, the review hurts your rating and it seems as though when it comes to becoming a superhost, one bad review can ruin for you. Seems I'm dealing with a similar issue.

I apologize for not having any answers for you but wanted to join the conversation in order to hear other hosts feedback and advise. I wish you the best with your future guests!

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

I think in situations where any type of damage or reimbursement is claimed that guests should be able to leave the paragraph review but no star ratings, this allows them to give 'their side' of the story, but it prevents retaliation reviews from literally ruining months and months of work. It takes us 10 5 star reviews to compensate for the random 4 star, so I would have to assume it would be virtually impossible to recover the rating from a retaliation 1 star.