Superhost rejected for Cooking Class "Experience"

Roy122
Level 2
Cabangan, Philippines

Superhost rejected for Cooking Class "Experience"

I was recently declined for my experience request. I met all of the requirements and received the email that it was under review for 1-2 weeks.. then almost immediately after that another email that it was declined.. there was no way that it was "reviewed seriously in that time frame" It took me much longer to write it all up than it did to get rejected!  No reasons given or way to respond.. no way to know what they did not like.. nothing.. very sad... we still do the cooking classes just not with Airbnb I guess.. My wife is a well known local cook and has been featured on local TV shows here in the Philippines.. We have a 5 Star review on all of her food in Airbnb and on other platforms. She used to also teach cooking at a vocational school here. Can anyone respond at Airbnb to tell me why our class was rejected by you?  Roy Grimm Superhost 2 years running  

"Thanks for submitting an idea to host an experience. After some careful review, it turns out it’s not a fit for Airbnb, so it won’t be moving forward to next steps. It might be helpful to check out other experiences available in your area to get a better sense of what we’re looking for. If you have a different idea in the future, let us know by submitting a new concept."  

How can it be "not a fit for Airbnb" when I have seen and booked cooking classes myself before in Hong Kong and Singapore? 
Not near as good as the classes we do by the way! 
AIRBNB Please respond!  

THank you Roy Grimm Superhost Casa Angelina Zambales Philippines 

2 Replies 2

Dear Roy

I share your feelings! My experience got rejected as well with a simple remark of not meeting standards.

There is no other information to help me understand how I can improve and what are they looking for.

I am terribly disappointed with this kind of handling by airbnb.

Audrey

Juliane16
Level 1
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Hi everybody. I am host of three home and three experiences on airbnb, all 5 stars. I had the same issue with a new experience, and got a refusal in the same instant I hit the "submit" button. Contacted the customer service and wrote a feedback, but got no help or hint on what to improve at all. The CS asked me to resubmit the same experience, just changing something. But what? This is unrespectful. My time is valuable and this is a missing opportunity for airbnb as well as me. Any news from airbnb's side??