Superhost status

Oliver28
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Superhost status

I've just noticed that it appears as though I've lost my Superhost status, despite consistently excellent reviews and scorings. I'm puzzled as to why this might be – and also why I wasn't notified of the change. I can't even find an email address to use to send Airbnb an enquiry about this. (I'm also not sure this matters, but still....) 

8 Replies 8
Babs0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Oliver28,

Reviewing Superhost status takes about 2 weeks, we have just received the email for our status this morning.

I don't see Superhost badge on your profile, so it might be that you lost it. It's not the reviews, those are top notch 😉 Check the Stats tab to see what it might be... Did you cancel on someone this past three months?! That's usually the one!

Cheers,

Babs

Oliver28
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thanks, Babs.

I'm still a bit puzzled. No, I've never cancelled anyone. Maybe I was once penalised for being late in accepting/rejecting a booking – but that was a situation that for some reason involved lengthy acceptance discussions. The booking cancelled automatically, the guest immediatly rebooked and I accepted. What's annoying is how Airbnb makes it so difficult to find a contact email.

Regards,

Oliver

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Oliver28......It may be that you didn't lose it Oliver!

This is assessment time, and I was informed that I would be re-assessed for my badge on 14th October and I noticed through the day today (13th Oct) that the badge was missing from my listing page! It didn't concern me greatly because I have not hosted with Airbnb for 6 months, and only recently started taking bookings again, so my bookings and guest reviews are absent over that period!

But I just received that celebratory email plus the offer of credits and when I logged on the Superhost badge was back so, Oliver, just be patient, your stats are brilliant and I can't help but think you will retain it!

Keep up the good work mate...you are what Airbnb does not deserve, but needs....cheers....Rob

Oliver28
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thanks, Rob! 

As it happens, I just received a call from an Airbnb person responding a query that I eventually figured out how to submit! (They don't make it easy.) The issue is being reported to the IT people as a possible glitchand I was told that it could be a system error at a time when the Superhost status is being reevaluated. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised that someone called and is trying to resolve the issue.

Oliver

Dennis-And-Gwen0
Level 3
Mornington, Australia

It must be a temporary glitch in the system. We are not showing as Superhosts either and as far as I know we had great reviews during the past three months. 

Thanks. Let's hope that's correct. I'm not even sure whether Superhost status matters much – we should at least be informed if it's removed from our profiles.

Oliver

Bob43
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

You will receive an email when your status is removed (so I heard :)).

Oliver28
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

That's what I thought....but I haven't been informed of the change in status. I sent an enquiry but received a response that said nothing. 

Oliver