Support Airbnb Hosts In Niagara Falls Canada

Peter932
Level 1
Niagara Falls, Canada

Support Airbnb Hosts In Niagara Falls Canada

Hello fellow Airbnb Hosts.  I am posting this on behalf of the Niagara Falls Airbnb Association.  Our Mayor and City Council are being lobbied by corporate interests to put an end to the Airbnb community in Niagara Falls Canada.  We NEED your support to send the Mayor Office a strong message of support for Airbnb in Niagara Falls Canada.  Please take a minute to sign the following petition. https://www.change.org/p/mayor-city-council-of-niagara-falls-support-airbnb-hosts-in-niagara-falls-c...

Thank you for your support

2 Replies 2
DanielAndMiche1
Level 2
Sudbury, Canada

As an Airbnb host in Niagara Falls I am obviously frustrated by the lack of information from city council.  They should consider the fact that people who use Airbnb tend to not stay in hotels.  They prefer the conforts of a home.  If they can't get that in Niagara Falls they will go elsewhere.  As a frequent Airbnb user myself the first thing I do is check vacation rentals.  If I don't find any I like I consider another city.

The video we watched featuring a Niagara Falls councilor saying the city is in the business of hotels was upseting.  He should say, the city is in the business of tourism.  Tourists don't all fit into the hotel model.  Large families, groups of friends, and many more are looking for an alternative.  They should also consider that guests staying in vacation rentals stay longer on average.  That's more money spent at local stores, restaurants, tourist spots, wineries, the list goes on.  Grocery stores get a piece of that pie when guests shop for food to cook together in the home.  Sign the petition and lets get council thinking about the implications of what they are proposing.

Agree:    Tourists don't all fit into the hotel.  Large families, groups of friends, and many more are looking for an alternative.  They should also consider that guests staying in vacation rentals stay longer on average.  That's more money spent at local stores, restaurants, tourist spots. Now majority of businesses will loose their business due to decrese in number of turists.