TV-Streaming

TV-Streaming

We are considering replacing our cable tv subscription with one for Playstation Vue. PS Vue has all the channels we watch including live sports. I am wondering how this might work for the TV in our 1 BR granny flat unit. There in one smart TV in the flat. We currently provide a separate guest wifi network and  the Cox basic device to watchTV.  I know we can add the tv as one of our Vue devices and that we can create a Guest user profile.  My concern is whether or not a Guest PS Vue profile can be restricted from accessing our Vue account information, our other user profiles and our wifi network. I would appreciate input from other hosts who subscribe to PS Vue.

Thanks!

Kristen

Kristen
7 Replies 7
Heather133
Level 10
Stowe, VT

@Steve-And-Kristen0 we've just replaced cable with YouTube TV in several units. It's working out very well for us. We use either SmartTVs that have the YouTube TV app or Roku devices. We've been doing it for about six months now and we have yet to have a complaint. We have separate accounts for separate homes and three tvs at a time can stream. $40/month.

@Heather133Hi I am looking into the same thing. Have you left instructions for 1st time users of streaming? I am looking into the live streaming Direct TV now offers at $45 and internet service I think is around $40 .. your thoughts on this ?

Steve

Hi @Steven663 Yes, I've created fairly explicit instructions with photos. Roku also has a "how to" feature. I make sure that's the first app on the menu in the homes where I have external Roku devices installed.

Still very happy with YouTubeTV.

Heather

@Heather133Hi Heather where can I find your instructions ?

Heather133
Level 10
Stowe, VT

Sorry @Steven663 , trade secrets... (-; 

@Heather133 @Heather13

Gotcha...thanks for replying 

Hi Steven, We are now streaming PSVUE throughout our home and airbnb granny flat. Our internet provider is Cox cable and I recommend a high bandwidth subscription to handle the streaming. The PSVUE and Cox internet subscriptions are saving me $100/month. I have instructions printed in the airbnb. Most guests are pretty savvy these days and I've had no complaints or confusion.

Kristen

Kristen