The new new thing

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

The new new thing

When you go to hosting Home, the list of options across the top - Dashboard, Inbox, Reservations, etc. - is gone.  They're all found when you click three little horizontal lines in the upper right corner. 

Or they were found that way a few minutes ago.  Now the little horizontal lines are gone and there's just a little down arrow next to the Airbnb icon in the upper left corner.

I mean....it looks cleaner, but that's an extra click.  I don't like extra clicks.  I just want to get where I want to go as fast as possible.

Does everyone have this or is it one of those selective roll-outs?

12 Replies 12
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ann72   OMG, now they're going to screw around with our account page with no warning? And how did you even think to click on those 3 little lines or the down arrow? These people are unbelieveable.

So far my page still looks the same as always. Fingers crossed.

@Ann72 @Sarah977 

My host Home page is still the same as before. 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Sarah977 @Jessica-and-Henry0 It looks like a work in progress.  Some of the text is crammed together or overlapping other elements.  There are two dashboards.  One is called hosting dashboard, accessed from the three horizontal lines; it looks pretty much the same except the hosting progress is at the bottom instead of the side.  And the other is just called dashboard, you access it from the Airbnb icon and it's got your messages and your superhost progress.  Separately there is also an inbox.  

In the meantime I got an email with the subject line Check your prices: Smart Pricing glitch that said "Due to a glitch during our regular update of Smart Pricing that began on May 23rd and was resolved on May 25th, some of your manually set prices were inadvertently altered by our Smart Pricing suggestions."

I have emails unchecked in notifications so this had to be serious lol.  

Maybe they should just leave the site alone while they build an entirely new one from the ground up...

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Ann72 @Jessica-and-Henry0 @Sarah977 

the 3 little bars haven't been working via mobile device for weeks, well nearly 2 months .

There IT dept need a huge kick into gear as simply not functioning at all as a reasonable person would expect it to.

whilst some of us are getting views on our listings bookings are been impacted on if trying through mobile devices!

Profits/ bookings must be down all around

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Yes, the desktop site on Chrome now looks like the mobile site.

I’m worried it’s a bogus site.  Reading a recent thread, I clicked a listing link.  It looked strange and ever since then my site has looked strange.

I cleared the cache and restarted my computer, and still get the new-looking site.

It has a lock in the URL bar and the URL is spelled correctly, but I’ve reached out to support nonetheless.  Will let you know what they say.

@Ann72 My dashboard page comes out normally with top menu in Google Chrome as well as Firefox.

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Ann72 

My hosting dashboard looks the same. But I did notice a slight change in wording when searching for properties as a guest. At the top when searching where it usually has a homes and experiences tab, instead of the word "homes" it says "stays."

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Sarah977 @Jessica-and-Henry0 @Suzanne302 @Helen427 @Alice595 

I finally put 2 and 2 together:  I installed an update on my Macbook this weekend - that's what led to the change.

I wish I could uninstall the update.  The new version requires more clicking and scrolling to get wherever it is you want to get.  

So if you're using Chrome on a Mac, and don't want your hosting page to hide the menu, skip the update.  🙂

@Ann72  Thanks for update. I'm not a Mac user and know nothing about them, but on a PC running Windows, you can restore your computer to an earlier date, which would remove any updates or any changes you've made since then. There are settings for it so it won't erase any personal files. Don't know if that's possible on a Mac.

@Sarah977 Yes, there's Time Machine, and I might try it.  In the meantime I've bookmarked Dashboard, Inbox, Calendar, etc. so I can just go straight to them without first finding the dropdown and scrolling down and clicking.  Gah.  It's almost as if they want to limit hosts' efficiency...

@Ann72   And then punish you for being inefficient.

@Sarah977 Exactly.  See the post on Rule Sets by @Branka & Silvia1