Theft Warning in Hamilton, ON

Stephan-And-Tia0
Level 4
Hamilton, Canada

Theft Warning in Hamilton, ON

We were targeted by a guest In Hamilton. He is local, which prompted us to ask about the nature of his stay.  He gave us a story about pipes bursting in his home resulting in flooding. He, his wife and a 3rd guest required a local place to stay while repairs were being done on the house. They requested a 4 night booking. He said he was currently at another AirBnB, but needed to check out because another guest was booked. I strongly believe they are druggies ( meth heads is my guess) as there was some strange evidence left behind. And neighbours reported that he saw them up with lights on and moving around at all hours ( he’s a nosey one). It was clear that the Beds were not slept in, just used for sitting, and they were covered in wine stains and cigarette ash. They smoked throughout the house, ashing their cigarettes over all surfaces - floor, counters, sinks, stove, bed. We have a no smoking policy! They also stole a lengthy list of items from our home. They even tried for our TV, but it’s mounted to the wall and they didn’t have the right tool to remove it. They tampered with our keypad lock and disabled it, left all windows unlocked. They knew what they were doing, and that the disabled lock was their way out with the police. Airbnb doesn’t release my review for 14 days! I want to warn others as best I can  to prevent them from targeting others. Babak Karamy is the name used, but his companions may be using accounts of their own. Please be warned.

3 Replies 3
Cathie44
Level 2
Hamilton, CA

Thank you for the warning! I am always wary of people from the same city using my Airbnb and you have provided another example. Much appreciated, Cathie

Roy854
Level 1
Mississauga, Canada

Thank you for the warning as I am new host in Airbnb 

Carlota27
Level 3
Hamilton, Canada

Thank you so much.  It's shocking that situation.  We must be some how prepared on tackling people like that.  Please keep us informed on the development on Airbnb's support to you.