Thermostats

Asury-and-Adam0
Level 3
Clarksville, TN

Thermostats

Hey guys! We currently have 7 active listings. All which have Honeywell smart thermostats.  We adjust the temp per the guests requests. We generally keep it at comortable temp so very infrequently do we have guests requests changes. We can actually set it to a schedule, but guests rarely request that. We have lock box around it because it can't be programmed for temp parameters. We learned our lesson with our first home where guests were blasting the air or heat and often never readjusting it when they would leave. Anyways, since we were on a tight buget we settled for the less expensive thermostat and lock box. We would like to get away from this thermostat and have one that allows guests to adjust temps to reasonable parameters. We are prepping our 8th unit and have a better budget to work with. I tried to do some research and got tons of results. I would like some personal feedback and recommendations. Thanks!

7 Replies 7
Lyn61
Level 2
Hamilton, Canada

I would be very interested to learn about a thermostat you can put peramiters on. My search did not find anything. Recently i had to remove the thermostat from my suite because of irresponsible guests. One guest even turned the furnace off completely on a bitterly cold night. It was lucky i got there before the pipes froze. 

Sally10
Level 8
Mill Valley, CA

Hi Guess I m late to the game Ive been hosting since 2012 but finally realizing i need to get a smart thermostat any and all suggestions much appreciated 

Thanks Everyone

Owen47
Level 2
United States

I am very interested in this topic. Hosting since 2017, but is now evident I need to acquire a smart thermostat.

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

My husband (a hardware/software engineer) invented our own. We monitor and control everything by smartphone, set limits, timers, individual room control, and it senses if doors and windows are open and won't turn the heat on if they are. Also puts up a message on the home control screen in the villa, that tells guests which doors or windows are preventing the heat from running.

It's all very bespoke, but it's eliminated the whole heating problem. 

@Elaine701  can I borrow your husband? 😄

@Elaine701 can we offer him a free stay to do this for ours? Lol. I will throw in as much wine as he can drink 

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

Get a WIFI thermostat so you can control it remotely.