This guy gets it!

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

This guy gets it!

In that sea of users who request to book with messages that simply read, "I'd like to check-in in the morning, if possible!" and "john doe/jane doe. looking forward to it" there is hope!

This guy joined just this month and has no reviews but he definitely has a bright future as an ABB guest:

"Hello Suzanne,

My wife and I are attending a wedding at [wedding venue] on 6/28 and would like to stay at your place that evening and then we plan to go to the beach the next day (6/29).

A little bit about us.... I am a 4th year pharmacy student at [XYZ] University and my wife is a dental assistant. We look forward to hopefully staying at your place. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Chris"

I love these guests already!!

21 Replies 21
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Suzanne302 I hope they will be as lovely as they seem. I only get this type of guests or the complete opposite, the ones that want discounts or communicating outside of Airbnb. I wish Airbnb just blocked them when they request that so that I don't have to deal with it. But there is no middle, either people who know how to book or people that have no idea what they are doing 🙂 

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Suzanne302, I love them already too 🙂

Thomas1033
Level 10
North Tonawanda, NY

@Suzanne302  I’m jealous already.  I awoke in the middle of the night to an inquiry for our 3 cheapest days coming up for 6 people which includes 4 children under 7.  One over our max but we make exceptions for extra kids sometimes however nothing about why they want to stay etc and their profile just joined, no reviews, email and phone only. No id and no pic either.  I said complete your profile and  message me further for consideration.....yep crickets!!!   Yvonna (Toms crazier half)

How guests used to be at the beginning!

@Thomas1033  Yikes! If it makes you feel any better I just had a less than desirable guest check out. Nice guy, but super high maintenance with 100 questions, couldn't figure out the ABB app, wanted to cancel, then decided to come, brought a trailer unannounced which is against my HOA rules, then ran into my garage door. I am certain I am getting a glowing 5 star review from him, but UGH!

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Once upon a time, when I was a kid my mum gave me a book called " Bon ton" (how do you call it on English? ) about how to behave properly.  It was printed somewhere before WW second 🙂

@Branka-and-Silvia0 I was read Struwwelpeter. Another lost classic. 

I love Struewlpeter! I can still see the 2 cats crying their eyes out because Henrietta burned herseflf all up playing with matches!

Was it "Johnny" head in the air, who walked right into the canal, 'cause he wouldn't look where he was going?

I love a Good Manners story. This is how important good manners are. When my son was studying for his masters degree, in his second year he applied for a fellowship, $50,000. He got the fellowship, because he has good manners. Professor said he was the most polite, respectful  and the most well mannered of all the applicants that qualified  and that was why HE got the money. And they told him to go thank his mother, which he did! 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Suzanne302   I am a good manners nut 😄  and will go out of my way to be helpful to those people who have manners.  I also use good manners as a strategy to deal with difficult situations.  @Branka-and-Silvia0  I was born shortly after WWII ended so I must have been taught by the same book.

Story time:  Many years ago, when I was a social worker at a Veterans Psychiatric Hospital in California, I  assisted the admitting psychiatrist with the initial assessment for admission.  One of the doctors was a lovely English woman who always treated the patient as a welcomed guest, even offering tea.  I remember this one especially scruffy fellow who was quite psychotic and had been homeless for a while, sitting quietly in the chair, sipping tea (in a china cup mind you), answering each question posed by the doctor.

@Linda108  I can imagine him :))) lovely

@Linda108 and friends... 

Genuine respectful warm hospitality comes from the heart and is medicine for the soul  🙏

Those without a home (literally and symbolically) NEED it, and they come from all walks of life.

It’s one of the main reasons I love doing this so much.

Casita-By-The-Texas-Bay0
Level 10
Texas, United States

Lovely introduction to what hopefully is a lovely couple that leave a lovely review!

Stephen-and-Adam0
Level 7
Santiago de Querétaro, Mexico

This is the way it should always be 🙂  I always word my requests as a guest just like this (even Instant Books) so I can never understand why people just don't get it and disregard the short list of information we ask for in the welcome message. 

Mind-reading was an unexpected requirment of being a host 🙂  

Adam